Cummins Vs. Powerstroke?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jadocs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I came from powerstrokes and now own a Cummins. There is no comparison to the ride quality between my 2500 and previous F250's. The Ram blows it out of the water. The interior/electronics/stereo blows Ford away. You get way more truck for the money with Ram.

loveracing1988

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
op, I understand where you are at and coming from, I'm kind of in the same place because of the same issue. I would be fine with getting another ram, I actually just want a exact truck like mine with the ecodiesel and the correct transfer case. That is why I am trying so hard to figure out why that transfer case ended up in my truck, but if they don't want to truthfully answer my question I guess I will be moving on. I won't step up to a 2500 and take that big hit in fuel economy just to get true 4 wheel drive. I will go to a different half ton.

HorseManAR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi Ram 2500
Sold my Ford powerstroke. First Ram. No regrets. Absolutely love everything about it. Much better ride. Only thing I miss about the Ford is the extendable mirrors...Ram will get there soon I hope.

jadocs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you flip the mirrors up on the RAM it is pretty much the same as the Ford mirrors in the extended position.

stro1965

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I disagree, I think the Ford mirrors are better in every way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jadocs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
How so? Flipped up they are oriented and extended practically the same way. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1402195655.837237.jpg

stro1965

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I know. Having had a Ford PSD very recently and now having a new Ram, the blind spots and inability to get these Ram mirrors adjusted "just right" is frustrating. I think it's that sliver of a wide angle mirror that has me wanting something better.

Birddog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Bright White 3500 Laramie 4X4 Long Bed
Engine
6.7 Cummins TD, 3.73
Personally, I think the Ram mirrors are more attractive. You have the option to extend them or put them away. I don't see how Ford mirrors can be superior. At the end of the day a mirror reflects and each vehicle has mirrors that can be aimed to see what you want.

The only thing I'd like to see Ram develop is a mirror that rotates to your point of view as you turn your truck backwards. That would be helpful to follow your trailer.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk Pro!

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
All in personal preference
I hate my F350 mirrors but I also leave my ram mirrors down even while towing

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
I disagree, I think the Ford mirrors are better in every way.

I feel the same way, which is why my work/tow vehicle is an F350, I just find it's easier to work with the Ford mirrors compared to the Ram ones. It's completely personal preverence I understand, but I've actually commented on it when I was driving my dad's 3500.

chipdudeman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
If it helps any, i gotten better mileage(23 mpg yesterday hwy speeds) in my Ram then any Ford PSD. I think in the end it comes down to where you can get a better deal and service. The inlaws are die hard Ford fans based on the dealerships in their town. The Ford was a little more to start but the service center is outstanding, (even when they worked on my Ram) compared to the Dodge dealership. They complete all warranty work with no questions asked while dodge was an instant battle to prove that it should have been warranty.

I think the decision doesnt solely rest on the motor but everything that comes with owning a beast.

My 2 cents worth.

ruger77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My neighbors and I had a big cookout last weekend and his brother was there with a brand new Ford F250 King Ranch with a Power stroke. I got to check it out and I will say I like the heavy duty Ford looks over the Ram heavydutys. It had 2 tone leather and was loaded. Very nice interior but the leather felt no better than my 2012 Sports. He said let's go for a ride and you will never want a gas truck again. I was expecting this thing to be very fast but I was not impressed at all. Pretty slow off the start and you can feel it building power as you go but in stock trim felt slow to me. Ride was pretty good and quiet. But at 68000.00 no thanks

Sent from my QMV7A using Tapatalk

Tuffguy707

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 cummins
My neighbors and I had a big cookout last weekend and his brother was there with a brand new Ford F250 King Ranch with a Power stroke. I got to check it out and I will say I like the heavy duty Ford looks over the Ram heavydutys. It had 2 tone leather and was loaded. Very nice interior but the leather felt no better than my 2012 Sports. He said let's go for a ride and you will never want a gas truck again. I was expecting this thing to be very fast but I was not impressed at all. Pretty slow off the start and you can feel it building power as you go but in stock trim felt slow to me. Ride was pretty good and quiet. But at 68000.00 no thanks

Sent from my QMV7A using Tapatalk

now go compare the king ranch against the laramie limited or laramie longhorns leather. the longhorn and limited has by far the best leather and they use real wood on the steering wheel, dash and doors unlike the fake wood used by ford.