Custom Blind Spot Mirror

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

A05GSHO

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I bought the first run blindspot mirrors a few months back and I really like them , I guess the only thing I'd change is the thickness.

So does anyone have pictures of the "new " style installed ?

I dont beleive the new style are ready yet, im still patiently waiting for wade to ship me a new style set, still have the original ones sitting on my tool box unfortunately they dont work for me

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Post 416, has a pic of Wades prototype

Mineralram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have seen that image, last i heard he was still trying to finalize the curvature on the mirror

OP
OP
wadestar

wadestar

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Hey Guys,

Sorry for the late reply. Summer time is a busy time for me and I am not around my computer as much as normal.

The last prototype that I was working with had a mirror Radius of 240mm. This is the measurement that gauges the 'roundness' of the surface of the mirror.

After testing it for a week, I wasn't happy with the view it gave me, so we went back to the drawing boards and re-styled the design to accommodate a mirror with a Radius of 200mm (the smaller the number, the more curved the surface).

That prototype just shipped to me by my Manufacturer today, and I should have it at the end of the week. The good news is, the shape of this 2nd Generation mirror is already nailed down and it fits in the outside corner, perfectly. We simply just need to work on the surface radius to make sure we get an adequate view.

I believe I posted this picture before, but here is what the 2nd Generation Mirror will look like, except more curved.

Wade

Attachments

• 20160706_130604.jpg
    20160706_130604.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 159

Mineralram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Looks awesome Wade, im patiently waiting

Dirtbikekid1998

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 1500 Laramie Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl Coat
Engine
hemi 5.7
I really like the gen 2 design! Keep us informed I will have to get a set when they come out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
That prototype just shipped to me by my Manufacturer today, and I should have it at the end of the week. The good news is, the shape of this 2nd Generation mirror is already nailed down and it fits in the outside corner, perfectly. We simply just need to work on the surface radius to make sure we get an adequate view.

I like that it looks like the plastic around the spot mirror is thin. Don't know if it would be possible to keep the black plastic around the spot mirror to a very minimum or none at all.
Keep the awesome products coming!

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That's what I'm talking about!! Looks great Wade! I'll for sure be in for a set of these!!

OP
OP
wadestar

wadestar

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
UPDATE: Last week I was able to test my latest prototype. This one, as I may have mentioned before, has an even greater curve to the previous two prototypes.

I've had it on my truck for a week now and I find it very easy to use and seems like a natural fit to the stock mirror.

Since I am this far, I talked to my manufacturer about trying one more prototype that has an even greater curve than this one. We still don't know if it is possible, but we are working on it. I actually think this current prototype is the one that I will eventually go with because I absolutely love it, but like I said, I want to explore all the options before proceeding.

Here is a pic of this latest model with the 200 Radius mirror.

Wade

Attachments

• 20160810_064401.jpg
    20160810_064401.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 126

oe542bob

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi eTorque 5.7
Howdy Wade. I see you are putting mega hours and thought into this. I knew you'd come up with something. My first impression is it looks awesome. You know I'm in when you get it completed. I'm sure everyone on here appreciates the countless time you put in.. I know I do!
Kudos, your friend, Bob F

A05GSHO

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
UPDATE: Last week I was able to test my latest prototype. This one, as I may have mentioned before, has an even greater curve to the previous two prototypes.

I've had it on my truck for a week now and I find it very easy to use and seems like a natural fit to the stock mirror.

Since I am this far, I talked to my manufacturer about trying one more prototype that has an even greater curve than this one. We still don't know if it is possible, but we are working on it. I actually think this current prototype is the one that I will eventually go with because I absolutely love it, but like I said, I want to explore all the options before proceeding.

Here is a pic of this latest model with the 200 Radius mirror.

Wade

Looks good Wade :favorites13:

sriley531

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Wow Wade, I hadn't checked in on this thread in a while, wasn't aware of the complete redesign.

Although had I had a choice between the new corner style vs the first gen tall style I probably would've picked the corner style (more due to that's what I'm used to than anything), in still totally 1 happy with my first gen mirrors! Yes, the thick black plastic on the sides was a bit to get used to, now I dont notice it at all and I can always see a car in my blindspot instantly with a glance (which was the point wasn't it?).

I'm really sorry to hear you're in a bit of hole with the first gen design, that's a real shame given how awesome you were to deal with and what good customer service you provide. Hopefully the Ram community will step up and support your efforts with their wallets. But hats off for keeping up on the innovation instead of walking away. If I had an excuse to buy more from ya I would!! But alas, I only have 1 ram....

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
So, here's an idea. Instead of making different models that match different mirror corners, why not make the corners of the base different so all you need to do for best fit is flip it to the corner that matches your mirror corner's curve?

That way you'd have one custom mirror for many applications.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Mineralram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Looks like oem Wade. Im willing to wait for perfection

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

bighorn2014

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looks great! Will it fit the same for non dimming mirrors?

OP
OP
wadestar

wadestar

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
So, here's an idea. Instead of making different models that match different mirror corners, why not make the corners of the base different so all you need to do for best fit is flip it to the corner that matches your mirror corner's curve?

That way you'd have one custom mirror for many applications.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

This one will do exactly what you mentioned. This one will fit both the dimming and non-dimming mirrors and it will fit both sides as you simply rotate it to match the curve of the mirror you are applying it to.

I really like this design and like I mentioned earlier, it took virtually no time at all to get used to.

Wade

OP
OP
wadestar

wadestar

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Looks great! Will it fit the same for non dimming mirrors?

bighorn2014, That is correct. This one will fit both mirrors (dimming and non-dimming). That was a goal of mine on this mirror as so many Ram trucks have both models on the same truck (dimming on the driver's side, non-dimming on the passenger side).

Thank you for your interest!

Wade

FMcDaniel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looks good Wade, I am use to the 1st type you done but I am going to try the 2nd also. Just let us know when they will be available.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thoffmann517