Cylinder 5 misfire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cr2536

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a cylinder 5 misfire. I have changed the sparkplugs and coil pack and still have a misfire. I have cleaned the injectors and checked for spark. Everything thing checks out to be OK. I checked the compression and checked out OK. Has anyone else had this problem or any idea what the problem is. There's no ticking noise either. I am at a loss.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I have a cylinder 5 misfire. I have changed the sparkplugs and coil pack and still have a misfire. I have cleaned the injectors and checked for spark. Everything thing checks out to be OK. I checked the compression and checked out OK. Has anyone else had this problem or any idea what the problem is. There's no ticking noise either. I am at a loss.
Might be worn camshaft/lifter issue

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What is the milage? do you have the misfire on acceleration? sounds like you have the early signs of cam/lifter failure, pull the drivers side valve cover and check for a loose rocker arm.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat