Dash camera

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ralphhippie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2015 Ram. I will be installing a garmin dash camera and for the parking guard I need full time power and switched power. I know I can get switched power from the cigarette lighter. But what about the full time power? Anywhere under the dash to get this or get the switched power besides the lighter?

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Run a wire from the fuse box, poke a hole through the plastic plate that covers the clutch pedal hole.
Another option would be probe the radio wiring harness for a constant +12V source.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
2015 Ram. I will be installing a garmin dash camera and for the parking guard I need full time power and switched power. I know I can get switched power from the cigarette lighter. But what about the full time power? Anywhere under the dash to get this or get the switched power besides the lighter?
This is an easy way to tie into your dash power outlets with-out splicining into the wiring on either outlet.

danielmid

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This is an easy way to tie into your dash power outlets with-out splicining into the wiring on either outlet.

Even easier:
ssontong Upgraded OBD2 OBD Power Cable for Dash Camera, OBD to Type-C USB OBDII Adapter Hardwire Charger Cable 24 Hours Surveillance and Acc Two Mode with Switch Button (Type-C USB Port) https://a.co/d/8bJR0gn

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustinRam1500