Dash light when turning sharp right?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rammanriley20

Reaction score
Ram Year
1999 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Mag
So when I take any right turns, or any sharp turns at all (or my truck leans or tilts) I get a light on my dash. The "check gages" light comes on for just a second and goes away as soon as the truck levels out. Just started doing it today and has done it 10+ times. Any ideas?

bassslayer25

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 360 V8
So when I take any right turns, or any sharp turns at all (or my truck leans or tilts) I get a light on my dash. The "check gages" light comes on for just a second and goes away as soon as the truck levels out. Just started doing it today and has done it 10+ times. Any ideas?

Maybe something is getting pinched?

DodgeTx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins, 5.2l v8
computer is on passenger side??? make sure all 3 bolts are secure? Grounds? fuses?I'd be worried:baby: been stranded with check gauges and no bus before.

Crocdocs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
360 5.9
Yea the oil pressure switch starts To go sometimes and the check gauges comes on when the oil gauge drops to 0

OP
OP
rammanriley20

rammanriley20

Reaction score
Ram Year
1999 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Mag
Alright its due for an oil change, and I'm gonna do it this week sometime so I'll check that out, also where's the computer at? The oil pressure gauge is always right where it should be

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

LilRamie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Oh... Do you have air level suspension or standard, if air could have something to do with that If so

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

G8rDuc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Had same issue and was also due for an oil change. Turns out it was a little low on oil.

Jimmy
Go Gators!

Hemi Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2006 Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4X4
Engine
Check your oil. Don't wait for the change to find out your low. If it's low and that's what is causing it you could be causing damage to your motor every time that light comes on no matter what your oil pressure gauge is doing. The gauge is designed to slowly sweep to position so that it looks smooth and not jittery as it would really look if it truely represented your oil pressure. And your motor is designed to specifically work with a certain amount of oil. The less oil there is the more the contaminants in the oil are concentrated, the hotter the oil gets, the more the oil breaks down and the more sludge is created. If you ever think your low, check it right away because contaminated, hot, broken down oil full of sludge doesn't lubricate well... especially when there isn't even enough for the pickup tube to scavenge off the bottom of the pan.

Sent directly from my thoughts using tinfoil antennas and a stainless mixing bowl helmet.

OP
OP
rammanriley20

rammanriley20

Reaction score
Ram Year
1999 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Mag
Yep oil was a tad low. Changing it asap!

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk