Daystar Leveling Kit Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

redrt_12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 R/T
I bought a leveling kit 1 1/2 for my r/t but once it was installed it raise the truck 2" (was installed on the bottom part of the spring). Now i bought the 1" spacer would it raise it to 1 1/2 too? I want to raise it only 1" but there is no 1/2 spacer. Does the spacer goes on top of the spring or the bottom of the spring? The shop that installed it put the spacer on the bottom idk whats the difference maybe if they put it on the top it will raise the inches that says on the box. Thanks in advanced

gunner1374

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I thought that they go on top of the spring assembly, but may be wrong??? My buddys truck had a lift puck and it had 3 bolt holes and bolt extensions and went on top.

OP
OP
redrt_12

redrt_12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 R/T
I thought that they go on top of the spring assembly, but may be wrong??? My buddys truck had a lift puck and it had 3 bolt holes and bolt extensions and went on top.

the one that uses the 3 bolts are for 4wd and those should go on the top but the spacer can be put on the top or the bottom cause it has the same shape on both sides. My question was is there a difference in heights if you put it on top or bottom?

BULLRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
It does NOT matter which end of the spring....most put it on top.....4 wd has the nuts on it, the 2WD only sits there,.. the reason that your spacer or puck did not raise it like you wanted it too, is most of the sellers have NO clue how to tell how much it will raise it, the weight of an engine from v6 to v8 makes some difference ,but mostly its the manufacturer,( POINT ). a friend bought some they told him they were 2 inch they turned out to be 4 inch and the ride was TERRIBLE.... Sit the spacer on a table ....get a tape measure and measure on the outside from the bottom of the spacer to the top, write that down, then put the tape measure inside where the flat part is this is where the coil spring sits, then measure to the top of the spacer, write that down, subtract one from the other, what ever number you have left.double that , that is just about what you will get in lift..........it works pretty well, i have installed lots of spacers in 2WD's.........2 inch outside measure... subtract....one inch inside measure = one inch left, double that means that if you had those measurements on a spacer it would raise it right about 2 inches in the front. just to let you know, i bought 4 - 2 inch lift spacers from different companies all were different..............I make them measure them....before they send them...

OP
OP
redrt_12

redrt_12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 R/T
It does NOT matter which end of the spring....most put it on top.....4 wd has the nuts on it, the 2WD only sits there,.. the reason that your spacer or puck did not raise it like you wanted it too, is most of the sellers have NO clue how to tell how much it will raise it, the weight of an engine from v6 to v8 makes some difference ,but mostly its the manufacturer,( POINT ). a friend bought some they told him they were 2 inch they turned out to be 4 inch and the ride was TERRIBLE.... Sit the spacer on a table ....get a tape measure and measure on the outside from the bottom of the spacer to the top, write that down, then put the tape measure inside where the flat part is this is where the coil spring sits, then measure to the top of the spacer, write that down, subtract one from the other, what ever number you have left.double that , that is just about what you will get in lift..........it works pretty well, i have installed lots of spacers in 2WD's.........2 inch outside measure... subtract....one inch inside measure = one inch left, double that means that if you had those measurements on a spacer it would raise it right about 2 inches in the front. just to let you know, i bought 4 - 2 inch lift spacers from different companies all were different..............I make them measure them....before they send them...

thanks a lot for your information and knowledge will do what you said GRACIAS!

OP
OP
redrt_12

redrt_12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 R/T
Now i installed my 1'' spacer and actaually lift it 1" idk why the 1 1/2 spacer lift it 2" but who cares now that i got what i wanted im happy...cooper ltz 305/40/22 all terrain tires coming next week;)

Wandell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Apparently it's not an exact science. I installed Daystar spacers on our Wrangler JKU that were supposed to lift the Jeep 1.75 inches. I took careful measurements before and after the installation. They actually lifted the JKU 2 inches front and rear.