DEF injector

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

james duncan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
On the road and a message pops up saying the truck will go into limp made at 5 mph in 100 miles. There must have been a real brain ****** behind that program as there are areas where there is no one much less a ram dealer in 100 miles. Turns out it was the def injector. It took North Point ram, etc 6 hours to get me on the roar again. The service rep said had I made an appointment I would not have had to wait so long. I pointed out AGAIN that it guit while I was on the road and still 180 miles from home.
The question that I have is there a way for me to reset the 100 mile thing so I can get home. By the way they only charged $740.00 for this service.

Robert Mc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I wish it could be reset, not sure why it can't. My "Service DEF" warning came on then went off without any stored codes. My buddy had the same issue. His warning came on and went off 4 times and there were never any stored codes. On about the fifth time the warning came on he also got the 50 miles warning.

It's unfortunate they ripped you off at the tune of $750. The part is $250.00 and takes about ten minutes to swap out. I'm carrying a code reader with me so if I get the message again I can scan for the code before the message goes away. A DEF pump is allegedly $1900.00 but I can't find any for sale on any MOPAR sites. They all say the part is unavailable. Amazon has dozens of aftermarket pumps available for less than $500.00. No ,matter what my issue is I won't let the stealership fix it. I mean, they want just over $500.00 to change your PCV filter. That's a $100 part and about 20 minutes of time to fix.

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
You can permanently reset all the emissions codes. I hear driving over a big bump makes all that stuff fall off. No more codes. ;-)