defroster wont work but i dont think its the mode doors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

appel1978

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
From what im told before you tear it all apart just listen real carefully when you turn the knob to change from vent to defrost you should hear a small motor turn. if you do then you will need to change the door inside the hvac (PITA). If you don't here a noise then its probably the motor on the outside of hvac (less PITA). Am I correct everyone?
I don't hear the motor so whats everyones opinion on that. I see posts for replacing the mode doors and getting the parts at heatertreater.net if its the door I that needs replacing but not many posts about if you don't hear motor. Could it be the Motor or could it be a fuse or what about the whole temp control dash? There are no vacume lines running our doors correct? What does everyone suggest in my case and if its the same issue for David

OP
OP
A

appel1978

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Wow cant believe I have to use a bump for this. No one out there has an opinion on this? its been a whole week and nothing? I have never been apart of a forum that hasn't had a member help me out with in a few days at least, is there anyone on this site?

Harley Harrold

USAF Ret. 36+ years service
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Heater Treater has some very good videos on U-Tube dealing with the heater doors/motors on our trucks. I would start with the simple stuff like checking fuses and electrical connections. If you can't hear the motor cycle, then I would replace the motor. While you are in there you can check the blend door to make sure it isn't broken. Heater Treater makes a much stronger door that I think will outlast you truck. I wish you good luck with repairing you heater.