Dennis Dillon?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Skrap

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie MegaCab 4x4
Engine
One last thing and I'll stop my DD brown nosing. I forget the circumstance but there was a reason they couldn't do the transaction on a Sunday. Maybe was their skeleton crew only to keep the doors open, I don't know. Anyways, if you do a deal with them make sure you ask what days they are available to pick up your truck.

RAM_Designs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
At the price they gave me, they did not offer to pay the plane ticket.

Lol, no ****...did you expect them to come further out of pocket to accommodate your needs? They're already $1500 cheaper than what you can get local, it's your decision to see if it's worth it for you to make the trip...for some people it is, for other's it isn't. In no way imaginable would I expect a dealership to pay for my plane ticket because I'm "too far away".

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Lol, no ****...did you expect them to come further out of pocket to accommodate your needs? They're already $1500 cheaper than what you can get local, it's your decision to see if it's worth it for you to make the trip...for some people it is, for other's it isn't. In no way imaginable would I expect a dealership to pay for my plane ticket because I'm "too far away".

if a dealer wants your business they will!!

when we leased my wifes current traverse we got them to give us a check for the remainder 3 months of the lease on her old car. with 0 out of our pocket at signing.

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
I'd have to fly in so do they pick you up at the air port? And is the sale price the actual price you pay or is there a catch?
Just make sure you get a signed (by a manager) bill of sale before you go. If you don't they can throw in extra stuff that they "forgot" to tell you about.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

chris1965

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was looking at them on my search on car guru.
Nice prices and I already started the "travel" discussion with my wife - which I lost- like all discussions- she's always got the better arguments...
I found a similar SLT Crew Cab LB 4x4 with tow package local. the price was ~$2000 above the price from DD.
Flight ticket ~$1000, gas, food, stay somewhere over night- well- we would had got rid of the money in travel cost. Might had saved ~$500 - but what the heck- I bought local and I'm happy.
I think- it doesn't matter where you buy, when the price is right- my experience: when you buy- everybody's friendly and nice. when you need something, they'd rather turn their backs and run away. I also found out- you tell them, what you're willing to pay, if they ain't got nothing or think they can play the game like: at the end you come back to us anyway- well- they loose. I'm one of those guys- treat me right and I'm willing to pay a little extra for the service. treat me one time wrong and you will not have a second chance. I earn my money to hard to give it to somebody who just want to pull me over the table.
At the end- if you add ~$2000 travel cost to the offers, when you don't live close there and you will have probably the local prices.

ColdCase

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Maybe its just me, but recently it seems that many local dealers will match or beat Dennis's or Koone's prices, at least on the low end models. Rarely is there more than a $500 difference and never more than $1000 but one has to haggle just a little. When they first offer, say something like "but x dealer is selling me the vehicle at y price". No haggle with Dennis, its the price.

Jerry1984

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Dennis Dillon will let you walk, trust me I know. When they say they don't negotiate, they don't negotiate. Their price is the best around so they won't go any lower. They have a bunch of dealerships around, gmc, Nissan, power sports, rv's/boats, Kia and Mazda. Their ram dealership has the pricing down, they give you the best possible price with the current rebates. When I first went and looked my truck was 32 and some change, when I bought the next month the rebates had changed and I paid 33300 or something. They couldn't give the 32xxx price as rebates had changed.
I wish they did the up front, lowest pricing possible with their power sports division. You ask them a price and they will give you the msrp, really? Just give me the real lowest price up front. I didn't buy my side by side from them for this reason. The normal dealer pricing ********. That's why I did like their ram dealership's way of pricing.

BigRed4x4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Bought my truck from a large volume dealer in michigan who told me over the phone that they didn't negotiate. I wasn't too pleased with that but the price was $3-4,000 cheaper than anywhere else I could find. The dealership was 1.5 hours one way and the salesman was right the 1st time I went down, he wouldn't negotiate and wanted to low ball my trade. Well, I walked out and 3 days later he called me with a better price but still low balling my trade. I refused and waited a week and sent an email asking for his best price. He came up on my trade and down on the price of the truck. I drove the 1.5 hours again that day and signed papers. If they tell you they wont negotiate and you believe them that's your fault.

chris1965

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
BigRed- yes- and they smell how bad you want it. trust me on that. They talk to you and know after 3 minutes- sometimes earlier- how bad you're interested or if they can make money off of you. And they know- when they're give you the truck $3-4K lower than anybody else, you can be sure, they give you less than anybody else for your trade. you where lucky.
I ended up selling my old RAM $6000 above their trade in value they gave me as I sold it private.
I was not in a hurry to sell my truck but because I buy usually used, I have to buy when I get a deal. So I put my truck up on the road with a sale sign on it, sat it in craigslist, IWANNA, wallapop and offerUP and the truck was gone in one week. to the price I wanted. actually on offerUP I had the most response and also sold it over that.
If a dealer has lower prices than anybody, he knows it and he can afford to let you walk. they know, you can't find a better deal. except on end of the month, end of a quarter or end of the year- then they act like in a tv-commercial- if you buy now- we double our offer....

Last edited:

Bigdaddy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 3500 Laramie CCLB
Engine
6.7L Diesel Cummins
I order a truck for DD and the price is better of all of the dealership around me.

Last edited:

reloaderguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Just make sure you get a signed (by a manager) bill of sale before you go. If you don't they can throw in extra stuff that they "forgot" to tell you about.

You must deal with rank amateurs. DD emailed me a form for the deposit that included the VIN, options, and price/discount breakdown. NOTHING was different in any way. Of course F&I offered warranties and other services but those were my choice and I could take or leave them. I was in and out in two hours, I could have done it in less time if I wanted but the salesman went through every detail of the truck with me.

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
You must deal with rank amateurs. DD emailed me a form for the deposit that included the VIN, options, and price/discount breakdown. NOTHING was different in any way. Of course F&I offered warranties and other services but those were my choice and I could take or leave them. I was in and out in two hours, I could have done it in less time if I wanted but the salesman went through every detail of the truck with me.
The thing you were emailed was EXACTLY what I suggested he get. I haven't had it happen to me, but it does happen to a lot of people. He's a young kid, maybe he doesn't know to do that. Just trying to lend some advice.

Kranium62

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 RAM 1500 4x4 Laramie
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I as well, had the "too good to be true" mindset when I first looked at these guys. I saw their site had link to request the "as low as" price (an email form) and I got a call back the next day in which the Internet sales rep (Jeff) was quite helpful. He actually used the information in my email to determine what rebates I qualified for. So staring me in the face is Laramie with over $49K MSRP, that they wanted to sell me for a little over $36K. Used cargurus and autotrader and searched the entire country. If you compute the percentage discount they give you under MSRP, DD had not just this vehicle but 20 of the best priced Laramie's in the entire country. I also used an on-line VIN decoder (punch in the VIN, it provides a PDF that has exactly every standard feature and option) to validate what the DD website advertised (options) was for real. Yeah, as others have said - you just need to be smart, you need to ask for something in writing that itemizes exactly what the out-the-door price would be, which they did - no haggling at all. I did the $1,000 deposit, flew up from Oakland, CA three days later and was picked up at the airport by PJ, who was as professional and knowledgeable as you could ask for, and had everything done in two hours. There were 2 others flying in from California the same day, and two others from other states. The only thing they tried to sell me was an extended warranty which I politely declined and that was the end of it. PJ even went and filled my gas tank while I was signing off. The map displaying all the people that have bought from out of state is mind-boggling, and is a testament to this dealer's great reputation. They are the real deal, you absolutely can shop from your computer, lock in a price, fly up there and get it, without surprises - and more than likely your price is close to the best you could possibly do. This all happened yesterday I drove back home 690 miles. I'm still blow away that it all went through without a hitch but yeah, I now have a beautiful Delmonico Red Hemi Crew Cab sitting in my driveway that I got for $13K + under MSRP. (Sorry for the novel guys)

dexter

Banned
Reaction score
I check out DD vs what I paid for my truck in June. It is difficult to compare with all the different options. But I paid $40K for mine and like trucks are about 2K lower.

I wouldn't fly from Atlanta and drive back for that.

jag1886

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Demi 5.7 S&B CAI, flowmaster merge collector, Gibson cat back, oil catch can, 87
Just stay away from Mountain Home Auto Ranch, there price was to good to believe. When I got there the price only applied if I was in the military and owned a Case tractor??

ExpressRules

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Express Crew Cab & 2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I as well, had the "too good to be true" mindset when I first looked at these guys. I saw their site had link to request the "as low as" price (an email form) and I got a call back the next day in which the Internet sales rep (Jeff) was quite helpful. He actually used the information in my email to determine what rebates I qualified for. So staring me in the face is Laramie with over $49K MSRP, that they wanted to sell me for a little over $36K. Used cargurus and autotrader and searched the entire country. If you compute the percentage discount they give you under MSRP, DD had not just this vehicle but 20 of the best priced Laramie's in the entire country. I also used an on-line VIN decoder (punch in the VIN, it provides a PDF that has exactly every standard feature and option) to validate what the DD website advertised (options) was for real. Yeah, as others have said - you just need to be smart, you need to ask for something in writing that itemizes exactly what the out-the-door price would be, which they did - no haggling at all. I did the $1,000 deposit, flew up from Oakland, CA three days later and was picked up at the airport by PJ, who was as professional and knowledgeable as you could ask for, and had everything done in two hours. There were 2 others flying in from California the same day, and two others from other states. The only thing they tried to sell me was an extended warranty which I politely declined and that was the end of it. PJ even went and filled my gas tank while I was signing off. The map displaying all the people that have bought from out of state is mind-boggling, and is a testament to this dealer's great reputation. They are the real deal, you absolutely can shop from your computer, lock in a price, fly up there and get it, without surprises - and more than likely your price is close to the best you could possibly do. This all happened yesterday I drove back home 690 miles. I'm still blow away that it all went through without a hitch but yeah, I now have a beautiful Delmonico Red Hemi Crew Cab sitting in my driveway that I got for $13K + under MSRP. (Sorry for the novel guys)

The length of the post isn't the problem, but please learn to use paragraphs.
It was painful for my old eyes to read. :emotions133:

Skrap

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie MegaCab 4x4
Engine
YEs, That is good info K'62 and also keep in mind that you get these same deep discounts when buy an ordered truck. Not just off the lot. And yes, paragraphs are your friend.

joshj84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I bought my 2016 3500 limited from them and loved it.. great experience. MSRP was 74.5k and bought it for 59.3k. No snake oil, or hidden fees was overall a great experience.

Heathen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Anyone ever bought from them? Is the price they advertise the actual price you pay? Almost seems to good to be true

The price that they show is their sale price and the 'as low as' price includes all incentives and gimmicks like 4h member, undertaker association member, etc. the sale price also includes a discount if you finance with Chrysler, even though they may not have the best terms and your down payment ($1000) to reserve the car.

All of that said... This was the best dealership I have ever done business with. Living in Portland, OR, the dealerships here are out of their minds with their prices. I called Dennis Dillon, had the truck I wanted reserved, flew out the next day, they picked me up at the Boise airport, got me coffee on the way, had everything set and ready to go, took an hour to do paperwork, another 30 minutes to test drive and finalize and I was on my way back home. Nick Meeker is one of the Internet sales guys and I can't say enough good things about him or his team. I usually creep forums and gather info without signing up but I made an account just so I could post up on them.

kevperro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
I actually think I did better than the DD published price. Hard to compare because DD didn't have an exact match for my truck but if you compare % off discount I did better.