Diablo Trans Tuning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

West27

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well I am guessing since I haven’t seen any response from BS on their forum about the 2013-2014 8 speed support that they aren’t going to get it working. I bet they have a lot of work on other project and I bet this is going to get cut. This sucks

West27

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Bump. Has anyone heard any news on the 13-14 8 speed trans tune from DS.... still trying to wait patiently.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Bump. Has anyone heard any news on the 13-14 8 speed trans tune from DS.... still trying to wait patiently.
HP has the capability of tuning the 14's trannies,you can stack a HP tranny tune with your Diablo engine tune.

misuracaf10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just got an email from HemiFever (Sean) saying the trans tunes are ready and I do have the 2014

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

West27

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yea I have been running the DS perf trans tune about 2 weeks now. It’s definitely an improvement but will be switching to Hf custom trans tune soon.

StoneDude76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I have been running the DS trans tune a few weeks as well. Alot better then stock

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Hipps2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 Bighorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7l
Awesome! I have been waiting will have to get in Touch with Sean! I have a late model 13 with 8 speed. I am hoping will be supported as well.

misuracaf10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yea I have been running the DS perf trans tune about 2 weeks now. It’s definitely an improvement but will be switching to Hf custom trans tune soon.

How do the canned tunes change how the truck shifts exactly?

Last edited:

West27

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How do the canned tunes change how the truck shifts exactly?

Talking to Sean the DS perf trans tune eliminates 20% of the slip and also increases the hydrolic pressure in the clutches. So the shifts will feel faster and firmer.

misuracaf10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Talking to Sean the DS perf trans tune eliminates 20% of the slip and also increases the hydrolic pressure in the clutches. So the shifts will feel faster and firmer.

I think I’m going to try it today, I’ll report back and let everyone know what I think of it. Also did he say what the Hemifever custom trans tune will do and how it will effect reliability ?

West27

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think I’m going to try it today, I’ll report back and let everyone know what I think of it. Also did he say what the Hemifever custom trans tune will do and how it will effect reliability ?

He tweaks a few more things and the big thing is he raises the shift points to 6,000 rpms. It will be just as reliable as his engine tunes so it will be good.

I haven’t bought his trans tune yet because I’m debating on buying a new truck now instead.

misuracaf10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
He tweaks a few more things and the big thing is he raises the shift points to 6,000 rpms. It will be just as reliable as his engine tunes so it will be good.

I haven’t bought his trans tune yet because I’m debating on buying a new truck now instead.

Haha yea I’m having the same problem but I won’t be buying a new truck for about a year.. it is only 75 bucks so it’s really not a big deal. Yet again how often do we floor these things?

I tried the performance tune that came on the Diablo and honestly couldn’t really tell if it was the trans tune or the tq mgmt settings that comes on the Hemifever engine tune that made it shift different. I mean maybe it slightly pushes through the gears with a little more gentle lunging force but nothing night and day with the Diablo performance tune. And also the redline remained the same as stock it seemed

West27

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Haha yea I’m having the same problem but I won’t be buying a new truck for about a year.. it is only 75 bucks so it’s really not a big deal. Yet again how often do we floor these things?

I tried the performance tune that came on the Diablo and honestly couldn’t really tell if it was the trans tune or the tq mgmt settings that comes on the Hemifever engine tune that made it shift different. I mean maybe it slightly pushes through the gears with a little more gentle lunging force but nothing night and day with the Diablo performance tune. And also the redline remained the same as stock it seemed

Yea for sure the DS perf trans tune isn’t a huge improvement but same as the DS engine tune. You won’t feel a big improvement until you get a custom tune. Just watching YouTube videos of a custom trans tune it looks like the increase shift points at 6k will really help.

AzCats

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 1500 CC Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does anyone know if the 2014 Ram 1500 8 speed transmission tune has been resolved with the newer Diablo I3? My current Diablo Intune I2 doesn't show a TCM option. Boosted Motorsports seems to get it working on his new 2014 Ram 1500 2 door with 8 speed on a I3 (skip to 4:55).

Should I buy an I3 if it works with my truck or should I just go to HP tuners. I'm looking to get a custom tune and trans tune. Thank you

(skip to 4:55)

Last edited: