Diablosport T2 and Torque Converter Issues?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lyle Longboat

2011 Ram 1500 5.7 Sport CC
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well I have to post his question as I’m pretty sure this trans shop is grabbing of answer to try and cover their own damn half ass job.
Anyways I’m wondering if canned Diablosport T2 tune can screw up your torque converter.
Second can a custom tune screw up your torque converter.
This is what the Mister Transmission ships out of Sudbury Ontario Canada (yes I’m putting this shop on the black marked list) told me after correcting their own mistakes when it came to overhauling my trans and torque converter in my 2011 Ram 1500 5speed.

The first shop out of North Bay did the initial tear down and overhaul. Fast forward to a trip to Sudbury from North bay (2 hours) the truck wasn’t shifting right and stalling. Ended up taking the truck to the Sudbury Shop and the take everything apart and say the torque converter was shot. Fine, covered as they just did the work.

now today, I call the shop and find out what was happening and the owner tells me that when he too the truck out for a ride he noticed the truck trying to shift out of gear and said he believes it to be caused by the tuner. He said he put in the stock tune and the truck drove perfect.
Now, I have had no issues with my tuner running any tune and no issues with the trans/torque converter before they overhauled it. I also had issues with 4x4 after they touched it as well as the cv shaft they replaced. Oh yeah they just replaced the cv shaft again as that was leaking from the outside boot as well as the inner seal. Like what the hell?
So, does a canned or custom tune screw with the torque converter? I wonder if any of the other 1000 2011 ram 1509 5 speed with the diablo T2 canned tunes or custom
Tunes have issue with Torque converters?
Sorry but this shop is horrid and never again will I be going there. Maybe they have good reviews, but mine experience has been nothing but a **** show!

tidefan1967

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm no expert on RFE transmissions but from my experiences the older 4/5/6 speed auto's in general don't do all that well with canned transmissions tunes because of the amount of slamming/bamming between gear changes and for sure too much spirited driving in the stock configuration. I would hope that the transmission had some upgraded parts and an aftermarket convertor if you're driving it hard on a regular basis and of course a custom tune. If you have oversized tires and haven't upgraded the gears that would put a lot of strain on things too.

OP
OP
Lyle Longboat

Lyle Longboat

2011 Ram 1500 5.7 Sport CC
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I haven’t touched the transmission in regards to tuning. The trans/converter was overhauled and beefed up for this exact reason (supposed to have been). It’s my belief nothing was done to my trans/converter (replaced same parts) and I paid 8100.
I have explained this to Diablosport and with Sean from Hemi Fever and both indicated that the canned/custom tune doesn’t touch the trans/converter at all. I have been running these canned tunes since September without issue. They opened up the trans and converter and now I had these issues. Just sounds like they didn’t/don’t know what they doing. Also, I’m not slamming down on my truck. There was a leak in the aftermarket cooler they put in and the truck overheated (154C) plus there was a converter code came on when taking the truck to the shop for the second time. Shop new all of this, the reason for bringing the truck to them the second time. Like I said, huge **** show with them.

16RamHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 Sport Crew
You paid $8100 for a rebuild? How much is a new trans up there?

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You might just have to cut your losses with that shop and find one that knows what the hell they are doing. I don't know where you're at in Canada but maybe "WildOne" can give you a suggestion of a good shop up there.
Jay