Did anyone else recipe an email from Auto Engenuity about the new software update?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Title pretty much says it all. Got an email last night from AE saying there was an update available for the tool. There are some enhancements for the Ram software as well. Sorry pictures keep coming out blurry not sure why.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-05-31-22-06-13.jpg
    Screenshot_2017-05-31-22-06-13.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 194
  • Screenshot_2017-05-31-22-06-20.jpg
    Screenshot_2017-05-31-22-06-20.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 146
Last edited:

DeereGuy

Preferred Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Title pretty much says it all. Got an email last night from AE saying there was an update available for the tool. There are some enhancements for the Ram software as well. Sorry pictures keep coming out blurry not sure why.

Yeah I got it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
I didn't get an email from autoenginuity.

It doesn't look like they're addressing the problems with the way it writes data back to the BCM, only adding extra things it can talk to.

M² Mods - From my non Flammable S7!

Last edited:

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ive seen where updates are backwards. I know there was something in the seats thread to be careful as AE was thinking of removing the feature we use to program modules as they can be harmful in the wrong hands. I will not be updating mine until someone says its ok.

I got the email last night when I was in church. Doesnt look like anything I need the update for.

OP
OP
Ricks Ram

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I agree. It would be nice if the new updates give the tool more capability and makes it more able to go into certain systems of the truck. My main concern is they may take features away. I won't do anything until someone like 00/RT takes a look at it.

OP
OP
Ricks Ram

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I didn't get an email from autoenginuity.

It doesn't look like they're addressing the problems with the way it writes data back to the BCM, only adding extra things it can talk to.

Do you think it's possible you did not get the email because you just bought your tool and it may already have the latest software version?

DeereGuy

Preferred Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Do you think it's possible you did not get the email because you just bought your tool and it may already have the latest software version?

I'm pretty sure Grimm has 15.1. I knew it was a newer version than what I had which I think is 15.0.4. I read the release notes on his version and there didn't seem to be anything exciting so I didn't upgrade mine. I would think if they took something out like the module configuration it would be in the release notes. They have it almost correct, I wonder why they are not motivated to fix it. If they don't want to fix it, then post the code as open source for that part of the software and let the community fix it and make it better for all to enjoy :)

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Yep. Mine came with version 15.1

DeereGuy

Preferred Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I updated to 15.20 last night at the request of AE. I submitted a support request about the corruption and they can back and told me to upgrade. The good news is that 15.20 still has the module config features but did not seem to make any difference on the corruption front.

00R/T

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I updated to 15.20 last night at the request of AE. I submitted a support request about the corruption and they can back and told me to upgrade. The good news is that 15.20 still has the module config features but did not seem to make any difference on the corruption front.

It's good to see they haven't removed the functionality yet. I'm not really sure what their deal is. I get that the module configuration is a secondary feature and not something they want to officially support. However, they have sold quite a few units to people only because of that functionality. Since it's already out there, I don't get why they don't just fix it.

DeereGuy

Preferred Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Heck if they would fix it, strip that functionality out into a separate program that allows the activation of the most common features ( Give people buttons, (Power Fold, Heated Seats, etc) Sell it for $300 bucks they would make a killing lol

OP
OP
Ricks Ram

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just clicked on the link to download the latest software and it's showing 15.1. The email says click here to download 15.2. I am heading to work so I am going to try to figure out what I am doing wrong later. Computers are not my strongest attribute.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-06-07-11-37-57.jpg
    Screenshot_2017-06-07-11-37-57.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 44

DeereGuy

Preferred Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I just clicked on the link to download the latest software and it's showing 15.1. The email says click here to download 15.2. I am heading to work so I am going to try to figure out what I am doing wrong later. Computers are not my strongest attribute.

The website only shows 15.1 but the email had a link to 15.2. You have to get a new activation code also. You only get enhanced updates for a year then you have to pay $150/year based on what I read on their website. Not sure when you got your AE tool.

OP
OP
Ricks Ram

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the info. That was the link I thought I clicked on it's only one I saw. I haven't had my tool for a year yet so it should be free. I'm going to try it again when I get home I was kind of rushed when I tried to do it.

RamGirl76

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey guys... I been looking for you guys for over a week on this forum! the AE crew! I got this took about a month ago now from Powerproductsunlimited.com and it doesn't do anything that I need it to do! I am so pissed and now my Lockpick has a conflict with the new 17.*** OTA update, I doubled back to this tool and can't figure out how to do what I want it to do. I originally bought the tool as I wanted to add RKE, Remote Keyless Entry as my hubby got me all the parts from a wrecked Ram. But apparently what I need is under the BCM, Configure module option- Vehicle Config 1, but its not there if you don't already have the codes installed. So I got pissed. Now I want to disable the lock out for video-in motion and nav-in motion, so I don't have to buy another $500 lockpick. Anyone been able to do that? I did the whole fog light thing, and DRL thing, but since my ride came with Heated and Vented seats, I really wanted the RKE to work and I cant even get that to work! agghhhhh

I am on version 15.21 - does that mean I got the **** locked out version? I have been reading for days about all the stuff you guys been doing, which rocks!! but no one has tried RKE or the in-motion lock out yet- any help?

RamGirl76

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
5.7 Hemi
oh, one more question will performance pages work on the Ram? and if so, do I need to subscribe to the U-Connect Service? it says online you get the PP with the service, but I added them, hell I even made my ride and SRT lmao- but nothing happened. SRT showed up one time on the Nav splash screen and that was it :flipthebird:

DeereGuy

Preferred Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I’m on version 15.20 and everything works so I don’t think you have a locked out version. What we have found is that depending on the model year of your truck, the AE tool exposes additional options. It may be that the AE tool is just not exposing those options for your Model Year. We don’t understand exactly why this is.

I would warn you to be extremely careful just making random changes with the AE tool. It does have the tendency to corrupt sections of the BCM. I tried to turn front parksense on with it and ended up killing my backup cam button and enabling a power fold headrest and I had no way to fix it with AE. I ended up getting the dealer to reflash my truck.

Maybe you could get infotainment to create you a genie to activate your settings. They can write raw BCM values.

As for the SRT pages, I think one person tried it and it never worked correctly. Sorry I couldn’t be more help. Just wanted to answer so that you really didn’t think we are all “clickish”

RamGirl76

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey Deerguy, thanks for the reply- yes, i know all about that damn tool doing **** its not supposed. I never wanted DRL, and no matter how many times and in how many place I turned it off, I too had to go to the dealer like with my tail between my legs, going I messed it up, please restore me. I think it was making it SRT that turned them on, but no matter what I did there was no turning them back off. This damn remote start i can see on my other Dodge vehicles, so i know right where it is, yet when i log in and pretend i am that vehicle but i am really the RAM (AE said to do this) those options are not there any longer. I will try one more time like you said and roll thru the years.... it is very frustrating. I pretended i was a 2014 Challenger.... It had all these crazy modules, but no BCM. But then i could not access anything! I called OBD Genie. I get.... we are working on a number of things, check the website, check back, you are on our email list. They won't right a custom genie no matter how much I offered to pay, so I agree, that was a good idea. I am going to the dealer and plead with them to WIC me some codes this weekend, I don't know what else to do. It was suppose to be so simple, free parts from a junker, wham bam enter the codes or flip a switch and I end up needing to be reflashed and now my Lockpick took a dump :(

RamGirl76

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Infotainment huh? you got a contact name with them? didn't think of that!

And thank you for answering..... I saw you guys don't like that DocHoliday guy- he seemed ok, but i only chatted with him once...that is what concerned me this was a clickish site or since I am not a dude, I don't get any love, or I didn't know what...... Girls gotta have upgrades too! we call cannot pay full price at the dealer! I just get confused, I see hundreds and hundreds of posts from some people- even you, 430 posts, and I am like where are these people!! I want to chat with them, but no one wants to chat with me!

So, thank you again for reaching out, I feel a little better :)

DeereGuy

Preferred Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
They are the same as obdgenie..