difference in lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ramtruck211

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
don't know if this is the right place to put this. I have a 2019 ram 1500 classic v8 5.7. what are the factory headlights and tail lights in this vehicle? is there a place I can find it? I haven't. done any modifications to any lights in my car. it's all factory. I'm looking to put other headlights and tail lights in and it's asking what lights I have in currently. I take it the factory lights for tail lights are incandescent and the factory headlight is halogen? just wanna confirm if anyone knows. thanks in advance.

Atcer2018

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
don't know if this is the right place to put this. I have a 2019 ram 1500 classic v8 5.7. what are the factory headlights and tail lights in this vehicle? is there a place I can find it? I haven't. done any modifications to any lights in my car. it's all factory. I'm looking to put other headlights and tail lights in and it's asking what lights I have in currently. I take it the factory lights for tail lights are incandescent and the factory headlight is halogen? just wanna confirm if anyone knows. thanks in advance.
I have a 2018 BigHorn which appears to be what became the “classic” starting in 2019. Your assumption is correct, incandescent bulbs in tail, marker and brake lighting with Halogen bulbs in headlights and fogs. If you are looking to upgrade to LED I highly recommend going with AlfaOBD and dispensing with resistors. Yes, there is an upfront cost with AlfaOBD but it’s a useful tool and saves a lot of frustration and headaches. Also suggest from experience, upgrade one set of lights at a time so you can easily troubleshoot if a problem arises. Far too often folks change all the lights at once, get codes than have to track down the specific light causing the problem. I’ve been running all LED bulbs without issue over four years. By far the biggest improvement has been LED bulbs in the quad reflector headlights. Absolutely night and day difference, no pun intended.

CanuckRam1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Warlock SLT
Engine
I've got a 19' Classic Express and in the taillights I've got Underground Lighting LED's for the brake/turn signals and reverse lights.

Purchase the more expensive ones with the built in resistors (Canbus ready) and you'll have no issues with warning lights or hyper-flashing.

I've also got the front turn signal bulbs, too, in the same design.

For your headlights and fogs: Fahren LED's are the way to go. No Canbus issues, direct plug in's and they fit under the dust caps.

My $0.02

Racer9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Underground Lighting Cyber Monday sale today. Just ordered LED lo beam headlight bulbs, normally $169, sale $136.
Claim to be designed for reflector halogen housings to prevent scatter and blinding oncoming drivers, normally found with LED headlight bulbs.

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

Ramtruck211

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've got a 19' Classic Express and in the taillights I've got Underground Lighting LED's for the brake/turn signals and reverse lights.

Purchase the more expensive ones with the built in resistors (Canbus ready) and you'll have no issues with warning lights or hyper-flashing.

For your headlights and fogs: Fahren LED's are the way to go. No Canbus issues, direct plug in's and they fit under the dust caps.

My $0.02
okay thanks

OP
OP
R

Ramtruck211

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2018 BigHorn which appears to be what became the “classic” starting in 2019. Your assumption is correct, incandescent bulbs in tail, marker and brake lighting with Halogen bulbs in headlights and fogs. If you are looking to upgrade to LED I highly recommend going with AlfaOBD and dispensing with resistors. Yes, there is an upfront cost with AlfaOBD but it’s a useful tool and saves a lot of frustration and headaches. Also suggest from experience, upgrade one set of lights at a time so you can easily troubleshoot if a problem arises. Far too often folks change all the lights at once, get codes than have to track down the specific light causing the problem. I’ve been running all LED bulbs without issue over four years. By far the biggest improvement has been LED bulbs in the quad reflector headlights. Absolutely night and day difference, no pun intended.
okay thanks

Atcer2018

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

My $0.02
+1 on the Fahren LED’s. Great budget bulbs for the quad reflectors.

NETim

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L

My $0.02
No problems with heat? No melty tailight/headlight enclosures?

RamRod37

2014 Ram 2500 HD 5.7 Hemi
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi

My $0.02
I second the fahren LED's got them in both my low's and high's on the quad setup had then for a year no issues running them in both my vehicles IMG_20220204_193238404 (2023_01_29 21_20_41 UTC).jpgIMG_20220204_193242991 (2023_01_29 21_20_41 UTC).jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357