Dish washer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hagar1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anybody ever put their 5.7 cylinder heads into the dish washer to clean them?
Some folks will get a laugh and my wife might get, well, you know ..... unhappy, but?

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Anybody ever put their 5.7 cylinder heads into the dish washer to clean them?
Some folks will get a laugh and my wife might get, well, you know ..... unhappy, but?
At the very least take them over to your local coin-op carwash and pre-wash them before you stick them in your wifes dish washer,lol

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I've washed empty shotgun shells in the dishwasher prior to reloading. I've washed ballcaps in there to get them clean so they don't get ripped apart in the washing machine. I've never tried to wash greasy engine parts in there because I like sleeping with both eyes shut.

Oh, and I also tossed a poodle in there one time that had gotten skunked. That one didn't turn out so well. :emotions33:

OP
OP
H

Hagar1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've washed empty shotgun shells in the dishwasher prior to reloading. I've washed ballcaps in there to get them clean so they don't get ripped apart in the washing machine. I've never tried to wash greasy engine parts in there because I like sleeping with both eyes shut.

Oh, and I also tossed a poodle in there one time that had gotten skunked. That one didn't turn out so well. :emotions33:
Well, I floated that one past the boss and the verdict is that I would need to sleep with BOTH eyes open. So I guess that one is off the table. It sounded like a good idea, at least for the redneck in me.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Well, I floated that one past the boss and the verdict is that I would need to sleep with BOTH eyes open. So I guess that one is off the table. It sounded like a good idea, at least for the redneck in me.
You can get them pretty clean by spraying them down with oven cleaner,and then washing them at your local car wash.