Door boot removal?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EWC88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I think my passenger side door has some wires that are torn because the control for putting the window up on that side works when it wants to, master controls work all the time. Also the rear passenger door isn't working 100% all the time as well. So I was wondering if the boot removal is hard and how to go about doing it? I seen some people that just cut it but I don't want to do that.

hotkarl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Semi-Hemi
Nooo! Don't cut it! Ha ha!
Peel back the rubber boot from the plastic connector that secures it to the sheet metal. Should have push in tabs to release it. On the door side just pull the rubber out of the hole (no pun intended).

OP
OP
E

EWC88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sweet I'll have to do this next time I'm off.

xb1230

Hobby Mechanic
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
You can use some wd40 to ease the pull-out re-install. Good idea not to cut the boot.

Also you can remove the door panel and pillar cover to help access the harness and help the removal of the boot.

PdPuNOme

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I use bulb grease or dielectric grease for pulling boot back over plus it helps in all the bending over time, so it does not dry out and crack as easily. Double up on the shrink tube as well that will help.

kawisser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 V8
I know this is an old post but I need some help. I'm trying to remove the boot, but I just can't figure it out. Does the rubber piece just slide off and away from the metal? I'm afraid to pry it off too hard thinking I may break something.

IMG_0301.JPG

IMG_0302.JPG

Should I pull the left side away from the metal in the 2nd attached pictures?

tumtum512

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9l Cummins
yes cabin side, what you have a picture of, if you look closely at that rubber cover going to the cabin it has 4 push tabs in each corner... other people have no problem getting there's off, I could not get mine off doing my stereo install and had to rig around the issue! my two cents...