Door lock/unlock problems PLEASE HELP!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brantner22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 V8
I have a 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab. A few months ago I noticed I began having problems with all four door locks. I do have a aftermarket keyless entry, which was installed by a dealer. I noticed when I would lock and unlock my doors they began locking and unlocking slowly, kind of glitching up and down. The weather outside was 15 degrees and blowing snow. I thought it was just the cold making it work slow or freezing it up. Then within days it got to the point that they wouldn't work at all. I've checked all wires in between the doors and none are broken, as I know this is a common problem with the generation 3 Rams. I then thought it must be the door lock actuators. I replaced the drivers door actuator twice and it still did not fix the problem. When I push the lock/unlock button I can hear a soft noise inside all four actuators, but the levers on the actuators do not move. I have taken the driver's side control apart and all appears to be ok. When I put a multimeter on the wires going to the actuator. Two of the four wires show 11+ volts when I push the button, but only for a split second and the back to 0 volts. Another wire shows a constant 11+ volts without even touching the button, and the last wire (black with green stripe) does not show any power at all. I know the locks have resistors somewhere in the wiring. Where are the resistors located and what do you think could be the problem??

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
SRT 10 Viper Motor and Tranny
Sounds like the control box is finally giving up the ghost too me.