Door locks quit working.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mega-Hemi

US AIR FORCE '08-'18
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Ok, I’m stumped. Door locks on 3 passenger doors quit working. Remote only works to lock/unlock drivers door and tailgate. Did the same thing a few weeks ago then started working again. Now it’s back to nothing. Funny thing is I can lock/unlock the drivers door and tailgate from the passenger door, but nothing else. All electric windows still work as they should. Suggestions? I removed the switch block from the drivers door and the remote still locks/unlocks the drivers door and tailgate.

Rokmonanoff

Reaction score
Ram Year
2008 Mega Cab
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I don’t have an answer, but I’m curious to see how it comes out.

My rear driver side door has quit... most of the time with the remote or the door lock switch.

Driver window also hiccups...

Just getting old I guess...

10+ years 110k. Considering trading to a diesel next summer on my end.

Best of luck to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Mega-Hemi

Mega-Hemi

US AIR FORCE '08-'18
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
After more searching, everything I see is pointing to the BCM. Apparently this isn’t as rare of a problem as I first thought. Everything seems to be working fine for now, but it goes out randomly. The issue seems to be that I can’t lock the 3 passenger doors electrically. I can unlock them if they are locked, just not lock them.

Rokmonanoff

Reaction score
Ram Year
2008 Mega Cab
Engine
5.7 HEMI
After more searching, everything I see is pointing to the BCM. Apparently this isn’t as rare of a problem as I first thought. Everything seems to be working fine for now, but it goes out randomly. The issue seems to be that I can’t lock the 3 passenger doors electrically. I can unlock them if they are locked, just not lock them.

Thanks for the update. I will look into the BCM for mine. Wife is leaning towards me getting a new one sooner than next summer.

I’ll see how long I last.
Rok

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fireice

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Same issue with my truck. Mine started having issues at only 12,000 miles. From what I see on this forum, it appears to be an issue with the BCM. Looks like when people have this changed out problem goes away.

OP
OP
Mega-Hemi

Mega-Hemi

US AIR FORCE '08-'18
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I ended up disconnecting the plugs from the BCM, tweaking the pins for better contact then reinstalling the plugs. Didn't seem to have an issue since then. Door locks worked fine right up until I traded it in last week.