Door panel around switch housing broken

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

awakedude

Reaction score
Hello forum folks... So it appears the part of the door panel that grabs and retains the switch housing has broken just enough to no longer retain the switch housing. Just wondering if anyone has dealt with this, as a new panel is about $486. Thank you for any help, I had trouble finding this issue with the search....

Attachments

• 2023-12-23-11-24-54-640.jpg
    2023-12-23-11-24-54-640.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 23

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Hello forum folks... So it appears the part of the door panel that grabs and retains the switch housing has broken just enough to no longer retain the switch housing. Just wondering if anyone has dealt with this, as a new panel is about $486. Thank you for any help, I had trouble finding this issue with the search....
What exactly is the problem? I don't see anything broken and the switches are held in pretty loosely in my truck with those panels. If I remember right, there held in with spring tension.

jr27236

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yeah I would either see about a parts truck on Facebook marketplace. Near me there's a bunch

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
Your best bet is a paintbrush with some Acetone. The Acetone will eat the abs panel and make a permenant bond between the two. Far better than epoxy. Do it on the inside of the panel so it doesnt show and off ya go.

jr27236

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Your best bet is a paintbrush with some Acetone. The Acetone will eat the abs panel and make a permenant bond between the two. Far better than epoxy. Do it on the inside of the panel so it doesnt show and off ya go.
I would never do that. When he was advised to epoxy, I'm sure the poster meant to repair the area on the door panel that the control panel clips into. NOT to epoxy the control panel into the door. You would never be able to get the door panel off in the future by doing that

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
Well no just the broken part where it's Cracked... That's pretty DUHHH and obsurd to even think that way! The controls should be removable. Good greif man! Repair the door panel DO NOT adhere the controls to the panel. Forgot I had to spell it out for some of y'all... :33: use some not so common sense lmao

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
That sort of looks like someone had left the screw behind the handle in place & then the door panel was pulled on.

This guy should have known that a set of TRIM Panel tools works better for prying than a screw driver