Doug Thorley Headers (shorties)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TigreST

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Interesting. I kinda like the idea of separate flanges which I’d hope would make for best fit at each exhaust port (yes/no?). I notice they only state for 2wd though, bummer!

T.

OP
OP
512RAM

512RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They produce long tube for 4wd, but are out of stock. Can't find any reviews. But the quality looks great. I also noticed the individual flanges hoping they would seat perfectly.

TXCOMT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yep, does look sweet! So are individual flanges better? Seems like for our Hemis, they could be!

TXCOMT

blackbetty14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT/Etorque
Normally Doug’s headers are of good quality. If u got a 2wd I wouldn’t hesitate to run them.

Tim Garceau

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport Quad BSP
Engine
3.92 8 Speed 5.7 4X4
Not having a full mounting flange is going to stress the primary to flange individual welds, any weakness in that area will be the ultimate test.

Interesting concept, quality will be key and they appear robust.

Joes1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Dougthorley has been around for years and makes quality products. I have had a couple sets and never any issues.

LoadedExpressRam

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'd like to know if anyone has these? If so, opinions of quality and performance please. Have a good deal locally pending for new ones, but wanted to hear from y'all first.

Thanks

http://www.dougthorleyheaders.com/2013-17-5.7l-v8-dodge-ram-truck-t304-short-tube-headers_15920

View attachment 167442

View attachment 167443
Did you go with these or another choice? These shorties seem to be as close to LT as it gets. Ive read that some modifications are needed to factory ypipe but havent got any clarification on that. Appreciate the help.

clint440

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Old thread.

I have the DT LTs and like them alot. I think the DT shorties would be ok, just realize that you would have to modify the existing Y pipe to make it work.

Quality on DT is great. it's as good if not better in some ways than the other big fancy brands but just a matter of figuring out if the extra work is worth the cost savings.

Noone else makes 14gauge, 304 coated stainless steel shorties.

LoadedExpressRam

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Old thread.

I have the DT LTs and like them alot. I think the DT shorties would be ok, just realize that you would have to modify the existing Y pipe to make it work.

Quality on DT is great. it's as good if not better in some ways than the other big fancy brands but just a matter of figuring out if the extra work is worth the cost savings.

Noone else makes 14gauge, 304 coated stainless steel shorties.
Went to DT website and they state its a direct bolt on so i wonder what exactly needs to be modified on the factory ypipe in order for them to fit. More than likely i will eventually upgrade to LT but these seem to be a good option for those on the cusp about which way to go. Whichever way i go i know i want some type of cats incorporated so if i could keep the factory ones and save money then....

clint440

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Went to DT website and they state its a direct bolt on so i wonder what exactly needs to be modified on the factory ypipe in order for them to fit. More than likely i will eventually upgrade to LT but these seem to be a good option for those on the cusp about which way to go. Whichever way i go i know i want some type of cats incorporated so if i could keep the factory ones and save money then....

Download the PDF of there installation instructions. You have to do some cutting and welding and use there provided adapters. So yeah it's a bolt in after you follow there fabrication instructions.

Not as easy of a bolt-in as other shorties but you are getting a better shorty that is 304 and coated.

Nothing wrong with incorporating CATs, keeps the smell and noise down. I'd just use the factory cats vs buying aftermarket. The factory cats are huge and sized appropriately for that engine.

LoadedExpressRam

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Download the PDF of there installation instructions. You have to do some cutting and welding and use there provided adapters. So yeah it's a bolt in after you follow there fabrication instructions.

Not as easy of a bolt-in as other shorties but you are getting a better shorty that is 304 and coated.

Nothing wrong with incorporating CATs, keeps the smell and noise down. I'd just use the factory cats vs buying aftermarket. The factory cats are huge and sized appropriately for that engine.
Appreciate that info. Ill definitely look into their setup.