driving without inner fender/ plastic wheel well

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

headhunter123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 V8
So my truck got side swiped this weekend. No major damage. Only thing really messed up was the passenger side front bumper molding and lip. Plus the bumper is pushed in a bit on the corner.
I took the lip and molding off. So now my plastic inner wheel wells are flapping. When I drove it home, the tires ate the plastic. I want to remove it because my tires looks like they're getting eaten up too. Plus when I turn, I can really here the rubbing.
Is it ok for my truck to go without them? I know they protect against the elements but I'm not doing any hard driving.
Thanks.

bassslayer25

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 360 V8
So my truck got side swiped this weekend. No major damage. Only thing really messed up was the passenger side front bumper molding and lip. Plus the bumper is pushed in a bit on the corner.
I took the lip and molding off. So now my plastic inner wheel wells are flapping. When I drove it home, the tires ate the plastic. I want to remove it because my tires looks like they're getting eaten up too. Plus when I turn, I can really here the rubbing.
Is it ok for my truck to go without them? I know they protect against the elements but I'm not doing any hard driving.
Thanks.

Yeah you should be fine until you get a new one. Some of the new basic model trucks dont even have them.

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
Mine did the same thing when i rear ended a durango. Driver side was fine but passenger side decided to start hitting the tire at 65mph with 15mph headwind. Chunks of the wheel well went. I just zip tied it up so it would stay in roughly the proper place

iceyivy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 cummins
I drove a ranger around without any on for a few years. Never had any issues.