Drummin4jc's 2012 Ram 1500 Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Red5Point7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Whats your gas mileage looking like? Your gear ratio?

I have a 6 inch zone suspension lift w/ 20x10 (-24) wrapped in 35x12.5

looking to add the Zone 1.5 BL and maybe step up to 37s.

My 3.55s and 6 speed arent yielding the best results in the MPG range though!

If you do step up to 37s, look into cooper stt pros. As far as I've found, they are significantly lighter than the other popular 37s. I've read that they weigh as much as the average 35.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mcj.kd0hzi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Here's the two toggle switches I have for my front 36" LED light bar and my two 6" reverse LED's:

Adam

Maybe I missed it, but where did you find these toggle switches? They look very nice and I like the label/ description on them compared to the ones I have found.

Very nice looking truck. And thank you for all the detailed information you have on this build and what you have put into it.

OP
OP
Drummin4jc

Drummin4jc

WWG1WGA!
Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 Ram 2500 CC
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Whats your gas mileage looking like? Your gear ratio?

I have a 6 inch zone suspension lift w/ 20x10 (-24) wrapped in 35x12.5

looking to add the Zone 1.5 BL and maybe step up to 37s.

My 3.55s and 6 speed arent yielding the best results in the MPG range though!

Ahhhh... the infamous MPG question.... My dash shows 11.5 average now. That's running it on the highway at 75MPH. If I take the back road and take it easy on her, I can average 13.5-14 on the dash. I have the 5.7HEMI with 6-speed and 3.55 ratio. Not the best MPG, no, but I knew that going into the build. I don't drive it every day so I wasn't worried about MPG.

Maybe I missed it, but where did you find these toggle switches? They look very nice and I like the label/ description on them compared to the ones I have found.

Very nice looking truck. And thank you for all the detailed information you have on this build and what you have put into it.

Thank you very much! I actually got these toggles off of EBay. They have 5 pins on the back. They are a little difficult to find but you have to know what you're looking for. They usually make them in red, green, blue and orange LED.

Adam

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Fantastic build tread , awesome transformation of your truck Dummin4jc !

Best lookin truck on the forum IMHO .

Your truck is the same color , trim , xsmn , differentials & engine as my 14 .
I plan to install a 6" lift , I was planning on BDS , I see you have a Zone kit ...any regrets with the Zone Sir ?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Drummin4jc

Drummin4jc

WWG1WGA!
Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 Ram 2500 CC
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Same here

Now I thought you said in another thread that cab lights only look good on HD trucks?? LOL! I'm only kidding, sir. Thank you for your compliment. Definitely was a difficult install but I'm really glad I did it.

Fantastic build tread , awesome transformation of your truck Dummin4jc !

Best lookin truck on the forum IMHO .

Your truck is the same color , trim , xsmn , differentials & engine as my 14 .
I plan to install a 6" lift , I was planning on BDS , I see you have a Zone kit ...any regrets with the Zone Sir ?

As always, RLK, thank you for your kind words. I have absolutely NO complaints on the Zone products I have installed. Nor do I have complaints on the Fuel wheels, Toyo R/T's Bil's or Mevotech's. Everything is holding up nicely. I'm at 4,000 miles on the lift so far. Let me know if you have any other questions, sir.

Adam

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Now I thought you said in another thread that cab lights only look good on HD trucks?? LOL! I'm only kidding, sir. Thank you for your compliment. Definitely was a difficult install but I'm really glad I did it.

As always, RLK, thank you for your kind words. I have absolutely NO complaints on the Zone products I have installed. Nor do I have complaints on the Fuel wheels, Toyo R/T's Bil's or Mevotech's. Everything is holding up nicely. I'm at 4,000 miles on the lift so far. Let me know if you have any other questions, sir.

Adam
Thank you Sir !
I'm about 14 -18 months from installing my lift , I may be calling on you in the future my friend .

AFMoulton

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi

Adam

Thank you Sir !
I'm about 14 -18 months from installing my lift , I may be calling on you in the future my friend .

Between the two of you I have gathered more information on how to, and what to do with my truck. I completely appreciate all the time and effort you guys Adam and R.L.K. Put into this forum and helping us out. I look forward to the seeing this Log Cabin and R.L.K.'s lift. I'm going to need help with my RA2 upgrade soon too!

Anyways thanks guys and your trucks are the best on the forum IMHO

OP
OP
Drummin4jc

Drummin4jc

WWG1WGA!
Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 Ram 2500 CC
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Thank you Sir !

Absolutely! Hopefully, I'll be breaking ground on our new house by the time you are doing your install. :) We FINALLY officially closed on our 11 acres last week.

Adam

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Between the two of you I have gathered more information on how to, and what to do with my truck. I completely appreciate all the time and effort you guys Adam and R.L.K. Put into this forum and helping us out. I look forward to the seeing this Log Cabin and R.L.K.'s lift. I'm going to need help with my RA2 upgrade soon too!

Anyways thanks guys and your trucks are the best on the forum IMHO

That's what I love about this forum , people helping people !

I can certinly help you with your Radio upgrade , as I've done this a few times for my truck ....RA1 to RA2 to RA4 CA , to RA4 8.4NA 2014 to my current set up in My 2014 Ram a 2015 RA4 8.4NA radio .
I've also helped a few buddies of mine locally upgrade as well .

PM me when you're ready my friend , and I'll help you as much as I cam Sir .

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Absolutely! Hopefully, I'll be breaking ground on our new house by the time you are doing your install. :) We FINALLY officially closed on our 11 acres last week.

Adam
Fantastic Sir !
We are a couple months from finishing our home remodel , then it goes on the market .
Monday we are going to look at 70 acres .... I want more than 70 but this land is near perfect as it boarders a river and the National Forrest .

OP
OP
Drummin4jc

Drummin4jc

WWG1WGA!
Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 Ram 2500 CC
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Fantastic Sir !
We are a couple months from finishing our home remodel , then it goes on the market .
Monday we are going to look at 70 acres .... I want more than 70 but this land is near perfect as it boarders a river and the National Forrest .

Sounds awesome!! Be sure to keep me us posted! Good luck!

Adam

OP
OP
Drummin4jc

Drummin4jc

WWG1WGA!
Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 Ram 2500 CC
Engine
6.4 Hemi
So today, I took the truck out on our new 11 acres and marked the new house with stakes. Then, I backed the truck in our new garage :)

Adam

Attachments

• IMG_6705.jpg
    IMG_6705.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 264

AFMoulton

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
So today, I took the truck out on our new 11 acres and marked the new house with stakes. Then, I backed the truck in our new garage :)

Adam

Gorgeous Brother! Make sure you put a tall enough garage door on it to fit it in there!

OP
OP
Drummin4jc

Drummin4jc

WWG1WGA!
Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 Ram 2500 CC
Engine
6.4 Hemi
A quick review of my Toyo Open Country R/T's and some other information:

[yt]CLw7ivXTPDM[/yt]

Adam

AimLowRobin

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 4x4 Crew Cab Bighorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Always glad to help! :)

Adam

Right on...you have. I was having issues with the Mickey T mud tires that came on my truck new. Dealer ended up telling me to pick some replacements and I went with the Toyo R/Ts that I saw your feedback on. Sure...I did some further research after that, but honestly had never heard of them before seeing them in your thread.

USMC-RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Damn! Solid build, Sir. I really love your truck. I was very pleased to see that you added the Clearance Lights on the cab. I am going with this Mod as well.

Love it!