Dual Battery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oliver_Closov

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew Cab 4X4 w/6.4ft bed
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hopefully this is the place for this type of question.

I have been considering upgrading to a dual battery setup and didn't see a whole lot of available space under the hood. I'm hoping that others have travelled this road before and can offer their advice, or at least what location they chose for the second battery placement.

Thanks all,
Oliver

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
I have my batteries relocated to a tool box in the bed of the truck but the most common location I've seen is mounted on the frame rail under the cab and some 2ga cable to connect it to the main battery.

lonewolf2873

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram Crew Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hopefully this is the place for this type of question.

I have been considering upgrading to a dual battery setup and didn't see a whole lot of available space under the hood. I'm hoping that others have travelled this road before and can offer their advice, or at least what location they chose for the second battery placement.

Thanks all,
Oliver
Old thread but you never said you figured it out.
For anyone that needs to know, you use the battery tray right side from diesel truck, relocate air box or run a CAI that has different routing than stock. Depending on how you want to utilize, will depend on is you should run battery isolator too.