Dust in window seal: annoying squeak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xFURIOUSJONESx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
Anyone else have this annoying issue? It seems like dirt/dust gets caught onto the felt lining of the windows. Rolling the windows up or down always make a squeaking sound. I find myself constantly trying to blow out the dust but it just temporary fixes the issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

SYKRAMMAN

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega
Engine
Anyone else have this annoying issue? It seems like dirt/dust gets caught onto the felt lining of the windows. Rolling the windows up or down always make a squeaking sound. I find myself constantly trying to blow out the dust but it just temporary fixes the issue.

Some silicone spray lube works well for that or the like.

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The dust wont make the noise its just not lubricated. As well the noise usually comes from the sides and not usually the main window seal. Regardless of all that noise, silicone just wipe some on it

OP
OP
xFURIOUSJONESx

xFURIOUSJONESx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
I see. So do I just spray it down the seal into the door or is there a specific spot I should be aiming towards? The truck is brand new (2018 and have had almost 2 months) so I didn’t even think of something needing lubricated this soon.

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Id spray it on a cloth or rag and work it into the seals on the sides of the window. As for the main seal at the bottom, you can spray it onto the seal and work the window up and down a few times, then run the window all the way up and clean up the excess