E fan on 13-14

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cody4130

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've searched all the e fan threads and how to's I could find but so far all have been for 2012 and older 4th gens. Since the newer rams have the PWM electrical system do I still need the older 3.7 V6 fan or the newer 3.6 pentastar E-fan? Or will either work? They seem to have different blade designs but the casing looks the same. I haven't got a close enough look at the electrical connector to tell if either is the same as my truck.

I have a 180 thermostat and wanted to upgrade the fan and thermostat at the same time but may end up keeping the stock mechanical fan even though I don't like how it "roars" when I first start the truck every morning.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram R/T
Engine
The plugs are different but it was figured out that if you buy the cheap TYC can you can put the OEM motor and blade in its shroud and it'll work perfectly.

TylerB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I wouldn't do the efan without doing either a manual switch or a Diablo tuner to adjust fan on temps.

preachp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hi All,

Don't know if this is of any value to you all, but the heavy duty engine cooling option on the 2013 tradesman I have has a factory electric fan. It is a weird setup because there is also a regular clutch fan. Strange things, but it will idle all day long at 200 degrees. As a matter of fact it doesn't really seem to care what I do it stays at 200 degrees.
Might be worth trying to get the part numbers.

preachp

TylerB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi All,

Don't know if this is of any value to you all, but the heavy duty engine cooling option on the 2013 tradesman I have has a factory electric fan. It is a weird setup because there is also a regular clutch fan. Strange things, but it will idle all day long at 200 degrees. As a matter of fact it doesn't really seem to care what I do it stays at 200 degrees.
Might be worth trying to get the part numbers.

preachp

Every Hemi truck from '09 and up are equipped like that.

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I had to lengthen the wires on the truck side to fit the TYC V6 EFan on my '13 Ram 2500.
The plug was the same though.

Just sayin.

bodyman247

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 415 hp
Is there an easy way to delete my clutch fan and go all electric...as in plug and go?

OP
OP
C

cody4130

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The plugs are different but it was figured out that if you buy the cheap TYC can you can put the OEM motor and blade in its shroud and it'll work perfectly.

Can you elaborate? Do you mean the take the stock a/c fan blade and motor off and put it in the TYC housing? Seems like the a/c fan is much smaller.

I wouldn't do the efan without doing either a manual switch or a Diablo tuner to adjust fan on temps.

I should have stated I already have a diablo tuner.

fasthemiram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Eagle 5.7 vvt
Looks like the ECODEISEL Ram has a HD Efan.

trikeffex

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport ram
Engine
hemi 5.7
I installed the TYC e-fan in my 13 ram with no other mods..It dropped right in and the plugs were the same!

Charles

doz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Going to try the TYC on my '14 this weekend. Ill let you know.

doz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Got my TYC in this morning. ******* tab was broken in shipping from Amazon GRRRRRR. Going to have them ship me one, then send this one back.

As far as direct swap, my plug did not reach (factory plug). I had to extend the wiring about 4 inches. The actual plugs ARE compatible with the TYC fan from earlier years.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram R/T
Engine
I definitely should have said plug location...oversight on my part. Jerimie ran into the exact same thing swapping a 2012 fan onto his 14. We talked about it and he swapped in his 14 fan motor/wiring and fan blade into the older shroud and it all fit perfectly. Since the TYC fan is dimensionally identical the OEM stuff should drop right into the shroud. The thought is to get a cheap shroud and use the OEM parts in it instead of buying the more expensive OEM fan.
There are definitely 2 different part numbers now though. One for 09-13 and a 13-14 part. The odd thing is even at the dealer the 13-14 fan is about 1/2 the price of the 09-12. The bad thing is...they almost don't exist. The dealer I used could only locate 2 of them nationally...and neither of those dealers would give one up.

doz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yeah, I had no luck finding a '13-'14 part. Ordered multiple online and contacted atleast 5 dealers with no luck so I just gave up. Maybe Ill swap the stock fan back into the TYC shroud.

Regardless, it cools off MUCH quicker with the efan + shroud than the clutch fan and efan combo. I experienced the same result on my '10 as well. Plus the fact that you remove the clutch fan. And anyone who states that the clutch fan does not add drag to the motor has never pulled one off and felt the drag when its not engaged :)

doz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yes, but you can get it cheaper with prime.