Eagle swap cam phaser delete

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyt2293

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins, 5.7 hemi
So about a year ago I have my pre eagle rebuilt while come to find out the shop didn't set the rings correctly and on a long trip towing a trailer two pistons failed and destroyed the engine so back to the drawing board

Was going to do a eagle head swap but my block was trash and ended up with a eagle long block from the junk yard. Was told it was a 06 long block I should have checked before loading up . Definitely a 09+ block

If I wanted to drop this in my 05 1500 non mds non vct
I would need to plug the mds and disable the vct correct?
Could i just plug the selonoid and use my cam gear from my 05 Instead of a phaser lock out ?
And also need to swap over my reluctor from my 05 crank correct?

I will be rebuilding it myself this time which I should have done in the first place

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
So about a year ago I have my pre eagle rebuilt while come to find out the shop didn't set the rings correctly and on a long trip towing a trailer two pistons failed and destroyed the engine so back to the drawing board

Was going to do a eagle head swap but my block was trash and ended up with a eagle long block from the junk yard. Was told it was a 06 long block I should have checked before loading up . Definitely a 09+ block

If I wanted to drop this in my 05 1500 non mds non vct
I would need to plug the mds and disable the vct correct?
Could i just plug the selonoid and use my cam gear from my 05 Instead of a phaser lock out ?
And also need to swap over my reluctor from my 05 crank correct?

I will be rebuilding it myself this time which I should have done in the first place
Cam gears don't interchange between the 2,you'll have to lock out the phazor.To swap reluctor wheels you'll have to remove the crank,not a big deal if you're rebuilding it anyways.
Use OEM block-off plugs for deleting and removing the mds solenoids,the cheap ones off Amazon/Ebay have been known to leak oil

OP
OP
T

Tonyt2293

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins, 5.7 hemi
Cam gears don't interchange between the 2,you'll have to lock out the phazor.To swap reluctor wheels you'll have to remove the crank,not a big deal if you're rebuilding it anyways.
Use OEM block-off plugs for deleting and removing the mds solenoids,the cheap ones off Amazon/Ebay have been known to leak oil
Thanks first person that was able to answer the phaser question for me are block off plugs reusable? My 05 block has the plugs from the factory wasn't sure if I'd be able to pull them and reinstall them

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Thanks first person that was able to answer the phaser question for me are block off plugs reusable? My 05 block has the plugs from the factory wasn't sure if I'd be able to pull them and reinstall them
On the plugs,that i can't answer,if they come out with no issues,and fit the new engine,you could probably get away with re-using them,as long as you installed new o-rings on them.But for all they cost,is it worth the head-ache trying to re-use them and have to worry about them leaking down the road

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat