Ecodiesel lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PCT

2019 2500 6.4
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm also considering bils in the front, spacer in the back and a small body lift. Do you guys know if all of the body lift kits require you to cut the frame ends to mount the bumper relocation brackets?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go and look at my truck, it wont void warranty!!!

OP
OP
R
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
Why they put road tires on 4x4 trucks at the factory is beyond me. Those things have got to go!

Craig

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm also considering bils in the front, spacer in the back and a small body lift. Do you guys know if all of the body lift kits require you to cut the frame ends to mount the bumper relocation brackets?

You only have to drill new holes to mount the bumper. I just put a 1.5" zone body lift on mine last weekend and the only thing I needed to cut was a little section out of the bottom of the rear bumper. Simple and creates the look that I believe you are going for (mine has a 2..5" daystar spacer, the body lift, 305x55r20 toyo all terrains with 2" spacers on stockers). I would post a pic but its at the exhaust shop currently getting the exhaust raised!

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
Go and look at my truck, it wont void warranty!!!
Unless you bought a mopar leveling kit and had the dealer install it, yes you voided warranty.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

PCT

2019 2500 6.4
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Unless you bought a mopar leveling kit and had the dealer install it, yes you voided warranty.

No It doesn't:

I have a 2.5 inch Rough Country spacer, and bigger tires (33's) and didn't void the warranty. I had axles seals replaced and 5y100k covered it. So no spacers will not void warranty. If a lift is done correctly void warranty (to an extent), if i were to have installed 4-inch and 35-37's I would have to have the dealer install different gears and reprogram the tranny. If i had a IRF do the re-gearing then yes i would have voided the warranty, It must be done at a FCA approved dealer and your golden.

Prior to installing lift i called 3 different dealer ships Fremont, Walnut Creek, and Stoneridge, because initially i wanted to roll on 35 with a 4 inch. They all said i would have to re-gear or void warranty if i were to install a tire that was 315 70 17 or larger. I have 3.55 gears, 3.92 or 4.10 may be different story

Im talking about 5y100k, factory bumper to bumper is said to be the same....
3rd party warranty, yes may void warranty.

Last edited:

Csanders1992

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
No It doesn't:

I have a 2.5 inch Rough Country spacer, and bigger tires (33's) and didn't void the warranty. I had axles seals replaced and 5y100k covered it. So no spacers will not void warranty. If a lift is done correctly void warranty (to an extent), if i were to have installed 4-inch and 35-37's I would have to have the dealer install different gears and reprogram the tranny. If i had a IRF do the re-gearing then yes i would have voided the warranty, It must be done at a FCA approved dealer and your golden.

Prior to installing lift i called 3 different dealer ships Fremont, Walnut Creek, and Stoneridge, because initially i wanted to roll on 35 with a 4 inch. They all said i would have to re-gear or void warranty if i were to install a tire that was 315 70 17 or larger. I have 3.55 gears, 3.92 or 4.10 may be different story

All depends on the dealers really. Around me they don't really care unless it's a major modification. Some dealers are strict on it though.

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
No It doesn't:

Well you must have a good dealer who pushes things through. Any aftermarket parts the dealer can prove caused a failure of the truck will result in no warranty. For example if you popped the ball joint in the UCA out the dealer wouldn't warranty that because it's a known issue with these trucks when you put a spacer on top of the strut tower.

Unrelated parts will be covered, just not ones that have failed because of the aftermarket part.

I've had dealers say any aftermarket parts will void warranty, others are more lenient on it.

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My dealer tried to deny warranty work because I change my own oil. Once I produced the receipts for the correct oil and filter they were fine. It really depends on the dealer. I can see them giving me grief for my Rancho QLLs...

PCT

2019 2500 6.4
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
For example if you popped the ball joint in the UCA out the dealer wouldn't warranty that because it's a known issue with these trucks when you put a spacer on top of the strut tower.

Control arms wouldn't be covered in the 5y100k, so i would have to fix it regardless of lift or not.

If the OP makes the appropriate adjustments at an FCA approved dealer, a lift of 4-6 inchs, and 35, or 37, would be fine regardless where or who install them. For peace OP call 1800-521-9922 USA or 1800-465-2001 Canada. I called them along with the 3 dealerships when i got my spacers put in and they said i would be clear. If you want more than 2.5 ask them what needs to be done.

OP
OP
R
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
Thanks guys. I really want to go 4", but I think I'm just going Bils and 33's to be safe.