Edge Pulsar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dearchristopher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
OP
OP
J

Jkeithnb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Thanks - on a scale of 1-10 -
How happy are you with it?
Is it worth the investment?
How noticvfeable are the performance gains?

Ramm5.7

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Classic Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi

1-10 for me is 9
Well worth it to me for my 17 to not mess with warranty issues
Improvement in performance is quite noticeable in 7/8 setting. I played with settings alot after purchase, running in 6(no mds) and moving to 8 as wanted before I heard the computer relearns every time its adjusted. Switching from 6 to 7/8 is VERY noticeable at freeway speed! Hard to describe but a very obvious tone change in exhaust and rpm as well as my butt dyno feeling alot more power.
I also am using a pedal commander ant the two together IMO is fantastic.
Im now running pulsar in 8 with pc in sport minus 3 so its not too jumpy off the line at lights

Ramm5.7

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Classic Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi

The reason i chose 9 instead of 10 is at steady cruise speed,30-50, it surges
Edge says its because the oem computor is trying to engage mds regardless of pulsar installed. I found that by still setting gears to 8 by steering wheel switchs it goes away so I still manually set gears to remove the annoying surging.
Still worth it to me

Georgiasport

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I would give it an 8 myself. Settings 6&8 are the ones most would use. 6 is good for daily driving and 8 is fun, but can be a bit touchy. Noticable difference in throttle response and acceleration I feel. Being able to disable MDS is awesome too. The reason I would give it an 8 out of 10 is only because I think it should be at the $350-400 price point for what you're getting.

HDHNTER

US AIR FORCE VETERAN OEF - OIF
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I have around 5,000 miles on the Pulsar & Pedal Commander combo. 1 - 10 on the Pulsar, I would rate it a 10 as I get no surging so nothing really to complain about. Would buy again. Currently running on level 5 w/ MDS on as I wanted to see how much of an impact MDS had on mpg (.5 - 1mpg). Typically run on level 6 or 8.

QwikKota

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I have around 5,000 miles on the Pulsar & Pedal Commander combo. 1 - 10 on the Pulsar, I would rate it a 10 as I get no surging so nothing really to complain about. Would buy again. Currently running on level 5 w/ MDS on as I wanted to see how much of an impact MDS had on mpg (.5 - 1mpg). Typically run on level 6 or 8.

Agreed. Adding the PC makes the lower settings more useable, thanks for the tip. I have not done a test on the fuel saving mode with the better throttle response yet so I can't say it will improve my mileage but here's to hoping. No surging on my 2015 either.

I snagged my Pulsar off of eBay when they had a 20% off coupon. I have seen some 15% off coupons lately.

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
It cost to much for what it does imo.
A full tune gets you so much more tuning and options for allmost the same price.

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
It cost to much for what it does imo.
A full tune gets you so much more tuning and options for allmost the same price.

I'm pretty happy with my pulsar for what it is. Easy to go back to stock and cheaper than buying a 2nd pcm rather than a swap or an unlock. My Challenger has a PCM swap, but I couldn't give two ***** about the warranty on that thing unlike my Ram. If the Chally has motor or trans issues that's just an excuse for upgrades where as the Ram would be going to the dealer for warranty work. Hopefully the Pulsar will get some tuning options down the road, but I'm not really counting on it.

Redsquirrel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I had one but returned it, I picked up mine the week they came out, install was super easy and noticable power increase, but the damn surging in the MDS off modes drove me nuts. Tech Support at the time had no answer for it, but I assumed it had to do with the computer and Pulsar not agreeing about MDS. I was also questioned the relearn process of the ECU, I constantly fidgeted with setting trying to rule out the surging because Tech Support said there was no relearn, this gave me other drivability issues.... over all I would give it a 5/10 only because surging in MDS OFF settings. If I could pick one up for $250-300ish I would put one back in and leave it in setting 5.

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I had one but returned it, I picked up mine the week they came out, install was super easy and noticable power increase, but the damn surging in the MDS off modes drove me nuts. Tech Support at the time had no answer for it, but I assumed it had to do with the computer and Pulsar not agreeing about MDS. I was also questioned the relearn process of the ECU, I constantly fidgeted with setting trying to rule out the surging because Tech Support said there was no relearn, this gave me other drivability issues.... over all I would give it a 5/10 only because surging in MDS OFF settings. If I could pick one up for $250-300ish I would put one back in and leave it in setting 5.

The only thing close to surging I've experienced is in level 8 it wants to jump off the line hard from a dead stop hard unless I'm super light on the throttle (Harder than my 392 Challenger in Sport mode with throttle boost in its tune). Other than that I've had no surging issues in either level 6 or level 8 which its stayed in since it was put in and driven a couple hundred mi. I did pull the battery and pushed a reset from my scantool when I installed, but I have no clue if that actually did anything. From what I've seen it seems like some have issues while others don't which makes me think its a calibration issue so I'll be avoiding dealer updates until Edge/Diablo have an update mechanism for the Pulsar unit. Hopefully it will be flashable from the i3 at some point so I don't have pickup another tune/flash tool.