Edge Pulsar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fitz-0518

Veteran 66-68
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500. 2018 1500
Engine
6.4 3.6
Have a 2018 2500 6.4. Hate the MDS ignorance. Want to disable so that we do not need to select gear every time. Cost is under $400 now. Only need the the module and that has 8 functions.
Would like to know what others think of this. Good results? Issues? etc
Thanks Fitz

Black-Ram15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Bighorn
I've gone through two bad units this year. The first one i had for about two weeks and failed during a software update. I sent it back to Edge and they ended up sending me an updated replacement. Had the second one on the truck for about two months, when one day sitting at a stoplight, it went into limp mode after getting the red bolt/throttle body low voltage and the CEL. I also have a pedal Commander installed and thought that was the problem. I used a obd2 to get rid if the CEL and disconnected the negative battery terminal to reset the throttle body parameters. A week later, again sitting at a stoplight, the truck surged so bad that i almost mowed down two pedestrian that were on the crosswalk crossing right in front of me. I turned around and drove home and on the way it must of went in to limp mode about 6 or 7 times. I was so p#@$%d off.

After finally getting home i hooked up my obd2 scanner and got rid of the trouble codes. I let it sit for about 10 min before turning it on and after I did it started to throw check engine codes like crazy. Right there and then i knew it was a computer problem. I took the pulsar off and left the pedal Commander on the truck and everything returned back to normal. I called Edge again and after giving them a piece of my mind they offered to send me another unit but this time from a new batch of boards they were producing.

I've been running with both the pedal commander and third pulsar unit for about a month and a half with no issues.

I don't know if it's just me but i can feel the performance difference between the first two units compared to this last one they sent me. I don't know why anybody would sell a $500 performance module that needed an update right out of the box? I'm not the only one who has had this problem and i honestly think that those old batches had problems that not even updates could fix.

Nevertheless, I'm happy with Edges customer service for replacing the bad units and for this new one they sent me wich I've had no problems with, so far.

Last edited:

Dave Haddon

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Keep your fingers crossed. This "THING" seems NOT to be trustworthy..where is Edge to stand up and look after the expenses when things go south besides just replacing ..."
COME ON MAN...!!!

Simpleman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've been thinking about getting one for a while but after hearing about all the problems I'm not so sure now

ripping r

Old&Grumpy
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
I tried to install a pulsar. it would not fit and even if i was willing to bend my AC lines. there is no way it would fit. I have given up on a tuner. you guys with a 1500 have it way easier to install than us with a 2500 and 6.4. I just live with the +and - to turn off mds.