Eibach Leveling kit/ spring perches

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mas647

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
New to the forum and hoping someone here will have an answer to my problem. So I purchased the Pro truck leveling kit from Eibach for my 2014 Ram 1500 Big Horn, after reading about it on the forum. Brought it to a local dealer, where we bring our vehicles for service, to have it installed. Got a call from the service dept. saying they couldn't remove the spring perches from the OE struts because they were welded on. Now I bought this 2nd hand, so I'm not sure if the struts are aftermarket or not. Service dept says they look like factory struts. Called Ram dealer and they don't show the perches as separate parts, no matter what year they look at. So my question is, has anyone run into this and what did you end up doing? Seems ridiculous that this kit wouldn't come with the needed parts. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's ridiculous but that's how it is with Bilstein adjustables or Eibach adjustables, even the most expensive Falcon adjustable for example. Don't know what to tell you regarding the dealer findings. The perches should not be welded to the springs.
If that was the case you can try to separate them with a grinder assuming they're just tacked. Asides from that you're looking at an extra $250 for a couple of new Monroe or the like quick strut donors from your local autopart store. You can also return the fronts and get lifted quickstruts from Rancho or RC for 2" plug and play lift. Add a 1/2" top spacer for 2.5" lift.

You can also try to find donors in eBay or Craigslist.

Good luck.

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yea the perches get reused to reduce the cost. It’s not necessarily that they should come with them. You can cut the welds with a grinder most likely. I have heard from Some others that theirs came welded on the stock struts. You also reuse the top coil mount as well

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
With the OEM struts, you turn the strut upside down , then take a hammer and tap off the strut end cap near the shaft end. Then take the hammer and tap around the spring perch till it falls off (if rusted some spray lube helps)

If they are aftermarket then maybe they are tack welded on, without seeing them we can’t determine that.

My Bilstein 6112's include billet perches so I still have my oem struts. I removed mine for you, here’s a few pics. I can sell you these if you want them.

1C91989C-9AB4-4BE0-BEBA-7DBD85D0841A.jpeg

3A66F9B8-5424-46DC-A946-D06D0A65CA2E.jpeg

9A71D077-D1E8-4279-AC0F-E5AF4E6AF87A.jpeg

A789C7C9-490A-476D-84C4-B07179721186.jpeg

7798F324-A841-4967-B2EA-4C9D9AA0368C.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

Mas647

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
With the OEM struts, you turn the strut upside down , then take a hammer and tap off the strut end cap near the shaft end. Then take the hammer and tap around the spring perch till it falls off (if rusted some spray lube helps)

If they are aftermarket then maybe they are tack welded on, without seeing them we can’t determine that.

My Bilstein 6112's include billet perches so I still have my oem struts. I removed mine for you, here’s a few pics. I can sell you these if you want them.

View attachment 205531

View attachment 205532

View attachment 205533

View attachment 205534

View attachment 205535

Thanks for the help guys. Much appreciated.

JB1, that would be awesome! I would gladly buy them from you if you are willing to sell. How much do you want?

BOWERSFJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
My stock struts had the spring seats tack welded on (2012) ... Couple min with a dremel and they came off with a couple hammer taps ... The shop may be hesitant to grind on them because they are gas filled struts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
M

Mas647

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yeah, the dealer didn't want anything to do with grinding them off unfortunately.

Joshua Collins

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 & 2023
Engine
6.7 & 5.7
Mine had a small tack weld i just used a rubber mallet to get them off the weld didnt fight at all. I would go by the shop have them bring them out hammer them off for them and get it put together. Seems to me a very unqualified tech is working on the truck to me but thats just my opinion.

OP
OP
M

Mas647

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Mine had a small tack weld i just used a rubber mallet to get them off the weld didnt fight at all. I would go by the shop have them bring them out hammer them off for them and get it put together. Seems to me a very unqualified tech is working on the truck to me but thats just my opinion.

That's not a bad idea, but my work is such that I would have to take the day off to do it. And if I did that, I would just do the work myself. Unfortunately or fortunately, depending on how you look at it, I'm extremely busy at work and getting time off right now is tough.