Electric Steering - Programming Required (Survey of your experience)

Was programming required for your EPS rack replacement?

• YES

• NO

• My EPS rack was replaced but I don't know if it required programming

• Not sure, but I wish my truck had hydraulic steering!

Results are only viewable after voting.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IndyRamMan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi Folks,
I'm the product manager for electric power steering systems for one of the nations largest auto parts remanufacturers. I could really use your help with some research to make our product better and hopefully improve some availability on this hard to find part for you guys with DS Rams.

We're talking programming today. My feeling is the consensus is that the EPS system on '13-18 1500's (and '19+ 1500 Classics) is a plug and play part (minus column calibration). I have run into more than a handful of shops that have said when installing used or remanufactured EPS systems they will occasionally require programming. I'm looking for the community's experience on this matter. Please vote in the poll if you have had your rack replaced and know if it required programming or not.

If your replacement part DID require programming would you be so kind as to leave a comment with the Year and Trim, and if possible the part number on the replacement rack.

hunterdan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
On my 19 classic, I believe it was mostly plug and play. The tech may have assigned the vin, but I believe it was just plug and play, plus alignment and possibly steering angle reset. Angle reset and alignment should be done anyway since you're messing with the steering.