Emissions Fail Due To Readiness Monitors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ramsfan78

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I took my 2010 1500 in today to have the safety and emissions inspections and it was failed due to 2 readiness monitors, (Catalytic Converter and O2 Sensor) not being complete. Now, I haven't done anything recently to the truck and have driven probably several thousand miles since the last time the battery was disconnected. I haven't specifically pulled up the drive cycle and followed it to a "T" but I'm fairly certain that they have been completed with regular driving. I was wondering what could cause this issue other than the drive cycles not being completed. Also, I was reading somewhere that a 180 degree t-stat can cause issues with the readiness monitors since the ECT never reaches it manufacturers suggested operating temperature? Any truth to this or is it all snake oil? Should I swap back to the stock t-stat and then complete the drive cycles to a "T" and maybe even buy an Actron to test on my own before going back to the inspection station? Any helps would be greatly appreciated as my plates expire at the end of this week. :0

Kotta390

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
edit***

Last edited:

Hemi_Express2013

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I took my 2010 1500 in today to have the safety and emissions inspections and it was failed due to 2 readiness monitors, (Catalytic Converter and O2 Sensor) not being complete. Now, I haven't done anything recently to the truck and have driven probably several thousand miles since the last time the battery was disconnected. I haven't specifically pulled up the drive cycle and followed it to a "T" but I'm fairly certain that they have been completed with regular driving. I was wondering what could cause this issue other than the drive cycles not being completed. Also, I was reading somewhere that a 180 degree t-stat can cause issues with the readiness monitors since the ECT never reaches it manufacturers suggested operating temperature? Any truth to this or is it all snake oil? Should I swap back to the stock t-stat and then complete the drive cycles to a "T" and maybe even buy an Actron to test on my own before going back to the inspection station? Any helps would be greatly appreciated as my plates expire at the end of this week. :0

I've had mine in for a couple of inspections, never had an issue with o2 and cats.

Sillygoose

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
change tunes recently? any changes since it passed last year?

Maximumrisk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There is a chance that your tune might have turned off your rear oxygen sensors. If thats the case, as far as i know, the truck will not pass emissions as those sensor will not be "ready" to monitor. I'd say, if you still have catalytics, put your stock tune back in the truck, drive it and try again