Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Mister Luck

Mister Luck

cassis tutissima virtus
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016/2017
Engine
5.7 V8
While your buying time for your sock why can’t you offer answers for the questions I asked black betty ?

Why don’t you criticize black betty ? Because that’s not the purpose of sock jerking? Black betty had a hard enough time to keep from contradicting themselves, it’s different when you try and form paragraphs for ideas ,
Is that you are dyslexic and in school you were bullied for it?

(not a personal attack is phrased in the form of a question)

or no one believed you had a problem ?
We all have our problems you think no one else has problems ? and that makes you angry?
Get over yourself already and stop trying to be the bully because even with your whole sock drawer you (vacuum) at it..

Last edited:

jawzs2

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010, 2014
Engine
1500, 3500
Seems quantity over quality is the strategy..
If you cant’t dazzle um with brilliance baffle um with bs

"Quantity has a quality all it's own" - Joseph Stalin

Interesting, my post wasn't even directed at you, yet you immediately get butt hurt and lash out. Rant and rave all you want, As Churchill said, "I would challenge you to a battle of wits, but I see you are unarmed".

And since you brought up dyslexia, you spelled can't wrong

OP
OP
Mister Luck

Mister Luck

cassis tutissima virtus
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016/2017
Engine
5.7 V8

Interesting, my post wasn't even directed at you, yet you immediately get butt hurt and lash out. Rant and rave all you want, As Churchill said, "I would challenge you to a battle of wits, but I see you are unarmed".

And since you brought up dyslexia, you spelled can't wrong
FE848C48-EDC5-4D95-A822-44166258B2BA.jpeg
Link to ^ quote

Last edited:

blackbetty14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT/Etorque
View attachment 491199

You can try and tell yourself changing the flow rate doesn't effect heat transfer all you want but there's a whole lot of engineers that will tell you otherwise.
I provided a link from a cooling company that contradicts your statement. This is just one of many but I’m open to reading if you feel like providing actual data/information from credible sources.

blackbetty14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT/Etorque
So in a helpful way you should be able to say if a restrictor plate will speed up coolant flow or slow it down.

When you mentioned laminar flow you use the phrase
“ film of fluid “ did you mean that to describe surface water tension ?

Cavitation would be caused by which… turbulence or rate of coolant flow ?
It does neither by itself that all depends on the hole size but more so affects the cooling regulation of the motor. It’s never closed so you have slow warm up and no bottom temp cutoff since there is nothing to shut flow off. A restrictor plate does nothing but restrict flow which has benefits like creating pressure inside the engine to help with cooling and raise the temperature before boiling can occur.

I’m not an engineer or an expert think of the cooling through a tube, the fluid on the edges that contacts the inside wall slows down while the inside flows faster acting like a film which insulates the inner fluid from cooling (Exhaust operates similarly) having the fluid turbulently flow through the tubes allows max cooling efficiency since more of the fluid touches the inner tube surface.

It’s not so much the coolant flow that creates cavitation. It’s the speed in which the object moving through the liquid separates the bonds of the fluid and creates an air bubble/void that then collapses on itself like a mini explosion and eats away at the material. In a IC engine it’s the waterpump impeller in a boat it’s the prop.

I still haven’t seen a actual idea or anything produced by you and instead you have others explain things for you and this thread becomes even less informative since you have provided literally nothing.

blackbetty14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT/Etorque
You should let us know about the SBC thermostat compared to its lack of a bottom spring as on the OE designed Stat

What about radiator end tanks and that you actually prefer crimped on plastic and epoxy ?
I’m merely explaining different engineering differences of thermostats. I’m not sure which type the Hemi uses and since u have provided no information on anything really this is more for the poor people that sift through all the BS.

Fabbed aluminum end tanks are better than plastic and copper. Plastic crimp fails over time but cost a lot less to produce on large scale. Copper requires soldered connections which kills cooling even though copper is a better conductor of heat vs aluminum.

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
Hmmmm....last I checked my heat transfer tables, copper has a higher thermal conductivity coefficient than aluminum. I guess those must be wrong.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Hmmmm....last I checked my heat transfer tables, copper has a higher thermal conductivity coefficient than aluminum. I guess those must be wrong.
Also conducts electricity better too,lol

blackbetty14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT/Etorque
Hmm I also said that copper is better at conducting heat than aluminum but the brazing materials is also counter productive and has less thermal transfer than aluminum so… how are copper rads manufactured? Lots of soldering the tanks and tubes to the end tanks. Also cost wise copper is not viable anymore. Aluminum. Is cheaper and easier to manufacture and while it’s less effective than copper at thermal transfer you can counter with increased size.

blackbetty14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT/Etorque

Some more reading for the naysayers.

OP
OP
Mister Luck

Mister Luck

cassis tutissima virtus
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016/2017
Engine
5.7 V8
I don’t want to open a can of worms but in the past I can't remember ever seeing a copper radiator only brass.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine

Some more reading for the naysayers.
They're good reads,but there's nothing new in the articles,that anybody with any experience in the high output world didn't already know. He also promotes stand alone oil coolers,unless you have a high volumne oil pump,an oil cooler can drop pressures down to dangerous levels under certain conditions. I'm not disagreeing with you,just pointing out some of the obvious downfalls when employed on a stock engine with a stock oiling system

OP
OP
Mister Luck

Mister Luck

cassis tutissima virtus
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016/2017
Engine
5.7 V8
They're good reads,but there's nothing new in the articles,that anybody with any experience in the high output world didn't already know. He also promotes stand alone oil coolers,unless you have a high volumne oil pump,an oil cooler can drop pressures down to dangerous levels under certain conditions. I'm not disagreeing with you,just pointing out some of the obvious downfalls when employed on a stock engine with a stock oiling system
Also not a secure website link

disclaimer : ( not a personal attack only stating the obvious )

Dusty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I don’t want to open a can of worms but in the past I can't remember ever seeing a copper radiator only brass.
In the early years of automobiles some of the first radiators employed copper tubes and end plates. Later, copper plated sheet metal tubes were used.

Regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 03 June 2018. Now at: 068258 miles.

OP
OP
Mister Luck

Mister Luck

cassis tutissima virtus
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016/2017
Engine
5.7 V8
History of the Radiator Thermostat
(and it’s bypass system)
From the perspective of a Jaguar-Type series 3 owner
COOL CAT CORP
it’s a long read but has insight on parts and manufacturers
what the correct type of thermostat will do and what the future holds for thermostats

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357