Engine Half Covers: Opinions, Pics and Where to Buy?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
DavidRam

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Alright I'm stuck and I need some help asap. My half covers will be painted black and back plates orange.So now do I go with burnt orange caps and catch can or polished? The only reason I ask is because I have the K&N CAI and the end of the filter is polished so guys please give me some info.

Didn't mean to thread jack guys!

I am thinking orange... but polished would give it some sparkle. Sparkle is harder to keep clean and shiny... back to orange. :)

Cowboy345

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am thinking orange... but polished would give it some sparkle. Sparkle is harder to keep clean and shiny... back to orange. :)

thats what im thinking to but itll be the only orange on the truck.......shew its only money i guess lol

OP
OP
DavidRam

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
thats what im thinking to but itll be the only orange on the truck.......shew its only money i guess lol

Oh, if you aren't making a little theme out of it, than maybe the polished is better. Didn't you say that your engine covers were gonna have some orange?

Orange and gray look really good. Maybe you can paint your brake calipers orange?

Cowboy345

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Oh, if you aren't making a little theme out of it, than maybe the polished is better. Didn't you say that your engine covers were gonna have some orange?

Orange and gray look really good. Maybe you can paint your brake calipers orange?

Yea theyll have orange on them. Im leaning hard for orange. Calipars are a good idea to! There black right now but hopefully come tax return time Im gona be getting some boss wheels and nitto tires. After this purchase of mods the rams being put on the back burner till the end of the year. Got to buy a engagement ring for my girlfriend of 3 years later on this fall or shes gona kill me................but just maybe I can squeeze some exhaust tips in.

OP
OP
DavidRam

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yea theyll have orange on them. Im leaning hard for orange. Calipars are a good idea to! There black right now but hopefully come tax return time Im gona be getting some boss wheels and nitto tires. After this purchase of mods the rams being put on the back burner till the end of the year. Got to buy a engagement ring for my girlfriend of 3 years later on this fall or shes gona kill me................but just maybe I can squeeze some exhaust tips in.

Orange is also more unique, polished is common. Definitely put a little orange on the brake calipers. Then get that girl a ring, man! :)

JohnD72

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Oh, they don't sell or make them new? The areas of LA where junkyards are, are not areas that I frequent! Lol! I can check ebay.

I don't know if anyone ever answered this or not, but the ecm cover is off a 1997 Jeep Wrangler. $15 on Ebay.

picture.php

Last edited:

JohnD72

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That's the one. I trimmed the pieces on the bottom so it would clear my wiring and used some 3M tape where it sits on top of the ecm to keep it secure.
I also found some aluminum hole plugs at Home Depot to fill the 2 holes.

nolimits76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Cowboy...I agree orange and grey can be a good combo. But I'm not a fan of burnt orange or whatever they call it. Never have been. Maybe I've hated the Texas Longhorns too long (OU football fan), lol.

Anyhow Hemi (bright) orange I like and keeps that classic Mopar vibe to boot. Just my 2 cents.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Predator 4x4 Dually & 2012 Ram Puinsher R/T 1 of 1
Engine
6.7 Cummins Turbo & Hemi 5.7
That's the one. I trimmed the pieces on the bottom so it would clear my wiring and used some 3M tape where it sits on top of the ecm to keep it secure.
I also found some aluminum hole plugs at Home Depot to fill the 2 holes.

Dude your awesome!!!! Thank you!!!!

JohnD72

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I don't like "red" red on any vehicle, but I love the burgundy on my truck. However, I was getting too much red under the hood, so I sanded down the front piece on that air grabber and vinyl wrapped it with chrome.
I'd like to get some half covers and get rid of the stock engine cover, but I the black intake manifold shows way too much dirt and there's no way in hell I'm trying to vinyl-wrap that thing.

I've seen some chrome intakes on Challengers. Those have piqued my curiosity.

OP
OP
DavidRam

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't like "red" red on any vehicle, but I love the burgundy on my truck. However, I was getting too much red under the hood, so I sanded down the front piece on that air grabber and vinyl wrapped it with chrome.
I'd like to get some half covers and get rid of the stock engine cover, but I the black intake manifold shows way too much dirt and there's no way in hell I'm trying to vinyl-wrap that thing.

I've seen some chrome intakes on Challengers. Those have piqued my curiosity.

I am with ya. Adding some chrome to the mix will brighten it up and look great.

Nice job vinyl wrapping, I was just about to ask how you did that...

Cowboy345

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How long of await are you looking at for your BT stuff?

OP
OP
DavidRam

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't know, the website isn't very clear. I am gonna call them Monday to get a better idea.