Engine rev several times above 1500 RPM in 1st gear while pressing pedal normally

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

UDCentaur

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Here was the situation:

Started the truck up, placed into R backed up and turned the wheel to reverse onto pavement as I was on grass and on a slight decline stopped put in D to go over a jump and I pressed on accelerator like normal except this time the engine rev up to 1500+ RPMs still in 1st gear. It did a several times so I hit the brake and settled the truck down and came to a complete stop. Pressed the accelerator again and it shifted just fine.

Ummm...anyone else have such an issue? Only 600 miles on the clock. It has only happened once...

Other than clicking several times after initial start up which I hear could be drained oil or the brakes both issues I guess normal for these Hemis- the truck has been great so far!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ramrodd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Were you losing traction?

OP
OP
U

UDCentaur

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Were you losing traction?

That’s a good thought- I was backing up and there was quite a bit of differing terrain as I moved forward. I back down a slight decline over a hump and slight rut then had to drive back up out of the rut over the hump to leave.

It was all solid dry pavement, but truck is equipped with anti slip diff.

Hopefully it was a one and done thing.

Sandevino

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7 eTorque
Go see if you can recreate the event in the same spot and get someone to record you. I’d bet it’s traction control, but can’t say for sure having not been there....lol