EVIC RAM logo animation not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brian_W

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Hi all, I have a 2014 Ram 1500 sport with the color EVIC. It's been doing this weird thing where the startup splash screen/animation cuts itself short, then it just sits on a blank screen with the textured background a bit before the system displays any info. It does a similar blank-ish screen thing when I stop the engine.

I've attached a picture of the blank screen. I'll try to upload a video once I can figure out how to compress it to a smaller size to upload.

Not a functional issue, but it's pretty annoying.

I first noticed this happening after I had gone through alfaOBD and tried to set up auto tilt in reverse side mirrors. I had undone everything I had changed in alfoOBD, yet this issue still persists. (Perhaps this should have been posted in the alfaOBD forum thread? I'm not sure.)

Tried disconnecting battery overnight. Didn't help.

Wondering if anyone has experienced a similar issue with their EVIC. Any input is appreciated! Thanks

Screenshot_20191030-193633_VLC.jpg