Exhaust questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thebendon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
What’s happening everyone, new to the forum and wanted to know about some real world experiences with exhaust. I have a 2012 half ton with the HEMI. It’s my third Ram, first with the HEMI and want to do some upgrades. Looking for a more aggressive sound without a ton of drone inside. I had a Magnaflow catback system and the sound was just right but that truck was an ‘03 with the 360. My current daily is a Chrysler 300 but my ram gets regular rotation as it’s my forever truck!!! I kind of live in the sticks so anywhere I go is a bit of a drive so I’m trying to avoid the drone as much as possible. I understand there are trade offs for the right sound but I would like to be as close to a happy medium as I can get. Thank you for any info and as always, MOPAR or no car

Mb7640

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Welcome, I installed a flowmaster outlaw direct fit muffler in my 21 Warlock 5.7l and deleted the resonators. Its sounds good. Its not wake up your neighbors loud. I drive 90 miles a day it does not have a lot of drone. It sounds nice at wot. Hope this helps

4xdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 powerwagon
Engine
Magna flow s diff on a 2015 pw resonator delete by a grinder sounds good rumbles at normal speeds scares old women and small children at wot

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a muffler and resonator delete.

doc 11 ACR

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm in the same situation. I need a new cat back system. Made a mistake on my GMC and could not drive it for long. The drone was terrible. Don't want to make the same mistake again. Any suggestions short of factory?

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I hear what you're saying. On longer drives a muffler with a drone gets annoying. I'm going back to stock on another pickup (not the Ram) soon.

Also, worth noting, some of the so-called 'stock' aftermarket (Universal) mufflers these days, like from Walker and others, don't seem to be as quiet as stock (factory) mufflers. I'd say they seem to be ~50% louder than stock. Based on a couple I have installed. They have a little amount of burble. I'm talking about universal V8 mufflers, in all fairness I haven't tried the Walker replacements for Ram's. The only downfall of aftermarket mufflers is they don't last very long. Even the Stainless Steel Walker mufflers rust-up in WI winters. Both ends of the muffler and the internals remain perfect, but the wrap will rust off.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ftank