Exhaust selection

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

billiards4me

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Casper.... I think you nailed it. Yeah... it's certainly due to the 36yr old showing. Old man syndrome.
As for the weight reduction.... I'm sure any weight I pulled off the truck, I put right back in with all the Thanksgiving meals I've consumed. ;-)
Yes, I did keep the resonators (the real bent pieces with what I assume are the resonators built into them, going over the rear axel, connecting muffler to tips)... those are still in place.

OP
OP
B

billiards4me

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Gary.... you are correct with the age comment. :)
As for anything touching the headers/y pipe.... I don't believe so. I'll have to look again, but I was pretty good about not having anything touch... didn't want anything to melt! lol. But I can look again. Also, about the bolts... not sure. They were supplied by ARH, so I'd assume they've done their R&D and provided something good. I'm assuming that if I send a datalog to HemiFever, it would show if I had that timing adjusted (due to false knock), right?
And, noob over here... I thought you were just BS'ing about the tips... but yeah, I guess it could slightly effect the sound/level.

Gary's Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yea see if Sean see's any timing being pulled.

The 5" tips act like a bull horn. They make the exhaust more audible and echo so to speak. Swapping tips will make it a little more quiet on start up and on the road. Doesnt take but 15 mins so worth a shot to help get it a little quieter. Arh are good about clearance. Some headers though have some issues. Even Kooks has some issues w/ the motor mounts & trans cross member and the are right up their in price w/ Arh

OP
OP
B

billiards4me

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well.... that's a good thought.... except, that my OEM tips are somewhere in a landfill by now. lol. And, I gotta say, those tips do look good!