Exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

14whitert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Have a 2014 Ram RT, I’m looking to add an exhaust. Should I go cat back or direct if muffler? I didn’t find many catbacks for my truck.

LeesEvoX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4l
Just look at carvan or another delete kit.

You get plenty of sound from those

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
The stock pipes are pretty good. I'd go for a muffler swap. Choose one that you like, which is gonna be hard, and you should be happy with the results.

kempo780

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Take a look at the Flow Master Outlaw direct fit muffler. I just put it on my truck yesterday and it sounds amazing! No drone on highway because you keep stock pipes with resonators. Deep load sound and at a great price. I got mine new on amazon for $295 out the door.

TXCOMT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Lovin' my Borla ProXS, OP, and lot of guys on here swear by 'em, too! I had a local (North Texas) shop do a weld-in job on my mine, so I wouldn't have to fuss with making the tips look right. It's a great muffler that sounds deep and throaty without a lot of drone or rasp. Cold startup is not "shake the windows, wake the neighbors," either, so that's good enough for me.

Oh, and I kept everything else in the exhaust system stock...well, there are a pair of sweet Go Rhino black SS tips waiting for me in the garage. Those will get JB Weld-ed and clamped on by yours truly.

TXCOMT

Jljordann922

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just went with a muffler delete....literally cut the muffler out and straightpiped it for $100. Sounds great

vwboomer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just went with a muffler delete....literally cut the muffler out and straightpiped it for $100. Sounds great

Your neighbors may disagree :)

I went with the Mufflex 18" and installed it with about 700 miles on the truck. No droning. Not too loud in the cab, and it sounds fantastic and gets lots of compliments for sounding great but not being obnoxious.

OP
OP
14whitert

14whitert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Installed my direct fit muffler today and it’s sounds amazing! Can’t wait to hear it the day it gets some long tubes.