Exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Moose410

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I have my 2014 Dodge Ram Laramie and I’m wanting to make the exhaust louder? Any suggestions?

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
the search button and carven

Yep, go browse the 4th gen section for 10+ years of threads like this. Should be able to find all he needs there.

Selcher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
Yep, go browse the 4th gen section for 10+ years of threads like this. Should be able to find all he needs there.

I noticed this 5th gen section is full of posts pertaining to 4th gens.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I noticed this 5th gen section is full of posts pertaining to 4th gens.

Yep, I suspect it's mostly people who are using phones/tablets and using the mobile app to use the forum. According to what I've heard it is harder to navigate the forums that way but I always use my desktop so I couldn't say. Otherwise I have no idea why so many posts end up here incorrectly, it never used to be like this prior to so many people using their phones/tablets but it does get annoying sometimes.

I took this screenshot a week or so ago while having a similar conversation, showing the 5th gen audio section mostly with threads about non 5th gen rams, but it got taken down or moved shortly after. I still kept the screen shot though, so here's a good visualization (everything in red) of how many posts end up in this section incorrectly:

Untitled44.png

Selcher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
Maybe more active moderation to remove / move posts accordingly. This was always my go to Ram forum but it's pretty bleak for 5th gens. Is there a better group for us 5th gen folks?

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Maybe more active moderation to remove / move posts accordingly. This was always my go to Ram forum but it's pretty bleak for 5th gens. Is there a better group for us 5th gen folks?

Will PM you.

yomanne

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Four months ago I put a MagnaFlow on my 2014 Ram Express with 5.7 Hemi. Love the sound. Nice and mellow tone and no drone. Best part is it was a direct fit replacement. Easy to remove the stock muffler and replace it with the new one. Here's a link to the one I bought on Amazon. Yes, kind of expensive, but because I could replace it myself it made it well worth the money.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07M79ZD68/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Picture shows my old stock muffler along side the new MagnaFlow.

2021-11-27-15.jpg

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
We offer many options, from catbacks to muffler kits. message me and we can help you find the best option to suit your needs and budget.

Selcher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
Ordered the Borla S-Type Catback Exhaust last night. Can't wait to get that installed.

Dan90

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.2L
Depends on if you are willing to put up with drone or not. If you are ok with cabin drone at certain rpm, then you can probably get away with the numerous muffler swap only exhaust options, most of which sound great. If you want no drone, you will want a full cat back. I have the Corsa cat back and it has zero drone. I previously ran the Carven progressive which was significantly louder than the Corsa but also had terrible drone in the 1600-1900 rpm range (resonators intact). Corsa sounds great, just different from the Carven and not as loud.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
I have the Carven Competitor Series on mine and I love it ... I don't cry about drone, here is a video of it with windows down and up ...

I can make another one with any request ....

Bigs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Four months ago I put a MagnaFlow on my 2014 Ram Express with 5.7 Hemi. Love the sound. Nice and mellow tone and no drone. Best part is it was a direct fit replacement. Easy to remove the stock muffler and replace it with the new one. Here's a link to the one I bought on Amazon. Yes, kind of expensive, but because I could replace it myself it made it well worth the money.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07M79ZD68/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Picture shows my old stock muffler along side the new MagnaFlow.

View attachment 478448

I have this setup as well and loving it! It's wife and neigbour friendly! :D

yomanne

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just curious... If you have nothing from the cats back, where do you have your MagnaFlow 19439 (as shown in your signature)?