Factory sub question..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
She was brought to my office at the time when she was in Houston by a good friend. Great lady and sadly missed.

We talked for a few minutes and she gave me her CD at the time and even signed it for me.

I did SPL back in the late 90's and was just getting into the SQ side. I was running in the two dudes crowd and was thinking of entering in USACi.

Yes she was a wonderful lady indeed.
I met her way back before we did her Bronco. That's when the 'Gates L710"' was introduced.
I really enjoyed all then shows we did, the all-nighters getting ready competing, either SQ or SPL.

I still have 3 of her Team Gates stickers she handed out.

Attachments

• gates.jpg
    gates.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 42

BadHabit2Break

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L
Yes she was a wonderful lady indeed.
I met her way back before we did her Bronco. That's when the 'Gates L710"' was introduced.
I really enjoyed all then shows we did, the all-nighters getting ready competing, either SQ or SPL.

I still have 3 of her Team Gates stickers she handed out.

I had one of those in my wallet for years.

The whole story of why she built that Bronco was great...still a favorite of mine.

OP
OP
craigsez

craigsez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
bass

Yep, same here. I am happy with mine also and do not see the need to replace the stock Alpine speakers. And I'll often turn my radio volume up to the 32 setting. Still sounds nice and clear to me.

I would like more bass though. I did do the Pioneer swap about a year ago. Minimal gains in my opinion. If I knew of an easy "plug and play" type way to get more bass for a few hundred bucks, I'd do it for sure. But all that splicing into another speaker wire, adding amps, and ohms confuse me.

Kicker makes a kit thats plug n play with a bigger amp and sub for around $450 usd..

joeygster

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 1500 Sport Crew Bright White
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have to agree with adrianp89 i was in the install world for many years building high end custom setups that competed in the usaci events. to me if tuned correctly the alpine actually sounds pretty good for a factory unit. hell i havent even wanted to change it out yet because im happy with the way it sounds.

Glad to hear you two guys actually having something good to say about the Alpine system because I think it sounds pretty good & the sub quite respectable.

I've owned a multitude of vehicles over the years between my wife & I that included BMW's with the top tier sound systems. I think that the Ram's Alpine system is one of the best I've heard. The only one I found had better bass was the Harmon Kardon system in my 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland.