Factory trailer brake connectors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PaulTGarrett

Grumpy old man
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
408 Cummins Turbo Diesel
OK, I -did- actually look through the forums and can't find a positive answer so I'll ask it here...

In other forums there was the mention of there being TWO 4-pin connectors for the factory trailer brake controller. One grey, the other blue. I'm wondering now if they were saying a blue connector but thinking about a blue wire... Anyway...

I have found two 4-pin connectors just above the parking brake pedal but both are grey. One has a white insert, the other orange. Both are 4-pins but different physical size. They both come out of the same point in the wiring bundle. These are the -only- 4-pin connectors I can find under the dash. I cannot find anything at all in my Haynes book regarding the trailer brake controller (Haynes has become disappointing). I'm throwing in a pic here so you brake experts can steer me right...

Are these the brake controller connectors I should be looking for?

Thanks!
PTG

IMG_7295.JPG

OP
OP
PaulTGarrett

PaulTGarrett

Grumpy old man
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
408 Cummins Turbo Diesel
Crap... Forgot to add this... 2012 RAM 2500, 6.7 Cummins, auto tranny, crew cab, ST package.

Thanks!