FCA warranty NOT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
i think the issue is that you are unwilling to take no for an answer. They didn’t “block” you. They just didn’t give you the answer you wanted to hear.

what part of “no” is confusing you?

When he says he’s being blocked from communicating his problem. I’m guessing he’s upset that he can’t keep going up the chain till he talks to someone that will fix the “issue”.

The world just don’t work that way, can you imagine the **** show if just anyone could phone up the head software engineer,district manager,CEO etc. They’d do nothing but listen to Karen and Susan complain all day.

OP
OP
B

bm02tj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
They do not listen to the service manager the general manager of the dealership or the BC sales rep
So like I said they are blocking the way to fix any problems with out being forced to
I have spent years butting heads with electrical engineers and process engineers that tell me it
can not be done till I push and some times show them
After they say sorry but FCA has closed the door on dialog so I keep pushing

OP
OP
B

bm02tj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Brakes are to stop you not hold your speed down on a normal hill

I can not believe the comments of drivers that do not live on a hill and
can not comprehend the idea that a good driver uses gears not brakes to
ascend a hill

So moving to bottom of hill or being a poor driver I will pass
I may not win but I will keep trying

16RamHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 Sport Crew
So use the gears then. I go up and over a mountain every day to work. The hill decent on these trucks works great. My truck will downshift anywhere between 4th and 7th depending on traffic / speed and brake need. Most times just a touch of the brakes makes it down shift. When I'm going 45 to 50 and it down shifts to 4th it can tach up a bit. But that's what it's supposed to do. These engines tach high.

Also saying you don't use brakes to slow down is silly. I'd rather replace brakes every few years than a transmission.

Cainsable

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
He's been whining about his truck racing downhill when he leaves his driveway and the truck is cold.This isn't the first time he's put up one of these stupid posts where he doesn't say what his issue is,till the thread has carried on for awhile.Search his name and you'll find his other threads,not sure what he figures he's accomplishing with these posts,but he's always wanting everybody to ***** at FCA over an issue the majority of us don't have,as most of us will wait till the truck is warmed up and comes off high idle,especially if we live on top of a hill in a residential neighbourhood.I think he should move to Saskatchewan where there's no hills,lol.

On my truck, they put a pedal on the left for just such occasions.

Dusty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Okay, I've painfully read through this entire thread and this type of crab sessions I usually avoid. However, a few observations:

How steep is this driveway/hill? I don't see mention of it in this thread, but somewhere there's a serious lack of a test of reasonableness.

I didn't note any attempt to go though the state lemon law. If so, why?

How has been determined to be a 'high idle' problem? None of my 5.7s first start, cold idle went much over 1600 RPM, and usually drops to 1000 in less than 3 minutes. I still have to apply the gas pedal to get out of my driveway, and that's a little downhill.

No manufacturer, FCA, GM, Ford, any of them, can alter the previous certified engine program without recertification and federal approval. And a dealer who wants to keep his franchise can't legally do it, either. FCA will only issue a modification if the issue is proven to violate current emissions standards, or driveability issues affecting a broad population of vehicles.

By now I'd cut this person a check and buy the vehicle back if I were FCA. It's possible that any design could produce a problem in a one-off situation. Dealing with that could ultimately cost more than buying it back. There doesn't seem to be any incentive to maintain the relationship, and expecting to talk to everybody up the chain is just not realistic.

Lastly, and not to be offensive, but the quality of communication leaves much to be desired, especially for a person that indicates they are an engineer. I have a sense that it could be part of the problem.

Regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 17 July 2018. Now at: 029914 miles.

TerraNewf

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Try and navigate these driveways, I had to lay a few shovel loads of sand here before I could desend. Trying it at fast idle and I would end up in the pond. 30* IMG_2992.jpegIMG_2993.jpeg

cancunlsp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Or just be a normal person and take a few minutes to let it warm up. I live on a mountain and have zero issues with my engine taking me down the hill. Its not a programming issue it your impatience that is the issue.

captainronpo614

Reaction score
Ram Year
1998-2005-2014
Engine
5.9-5.9-6.7 CTD's
When he says he’s being blocked from communicating his problem. I’m guessing he’s upset that he can’t keep going up the chain till he talks to someone that will fix the “issue”.

The world just don’t work that way, can you imagine the **** show if just anyone could phone up the head software engineer,district manager,CEO etc. They’d do nothing but listen to Karen and Susan complain all day.

Karen & Susan ??? I listen to Mary all day, cause she told me I would be better off if I did, and knew what was good for me!!! I like to be better off and know what's good for me. Know how? cause she told me so...Repeat............

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Okay, I've painfully read through this entire thread and this type of crab sessions I usually avoid. However, a few observations:

How steep is this driveway/hill? I don't see mention of it in this thread, but somewhere there's a serious lack of a test of reasonableness.

I didn't note any attempt to go though the state lemon law. If so, why?

How has been determined to be a 'high idle' problem? None of my 5.7s first start, cold idle went much over 1600 RPM, and usually drops to 1000 in less than 3 minutes. I still have to apply the gas pedal to get out of my driveway, and that's a little downhill.

No manufacturer, FCA, GM, Ford, any of them, can alter the previous certified engine program without recertification and federal approval. And a dealer who wants to keep his franchise can't legally do it, either. FCA will only issue a modification if the issue is proven to violate current emissions standards, or driveability issues affecting a broad population of vehicles.

By now I'd cut this person a check and buy the vehicle back if I were FCA. It's possible that any design could produce a problem in a one-off situation. Dealing with that could ultimately cost more than buying it back. There doesn't seem to be any incentive to maintain the relationship, and expecting to talk to everybody up the chain is just not realistic.

Lastly, and not to be offensive, but the quality of communication leaves much to be desired, especially for a person that indicates they are an engineer. I have a sense that it could be part of the problem.

Regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 17 July 2018. Now at: 029914 miles.

He's in Canada,it's virtually impossible to get a buy back up here,he can go through CamVic(sp??) but they are basically useless in my opinion.You guys have it way better down south with your Lemon Laws,wished Canada would step up to the plate and institute something similar.

JS4024

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Invest in remote starter and shaaad uuuppppp.... sorry but this dog doesn’t hunt. No traction at all and it is running as designed. Try the left pedal for once, press until vehicle motion slows... problem fixed.

1DogFish

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm with JS4024. Have them install a remote start. I live in Florida and have one for the summer that they installed free before I signed the paperwork. I use it so I don't have to get into a truck that's 150° inside. Even when parked in the shade. I thought alot of the Northern vehicles came with remote start.

Last edited: