Felt/Stripping on Plastic by Interior of Sunroof coming off - 2018 RAM 1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

modavis99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Hi all - I'm sorry if this is a common topic, I couldn't find what I was looking for with a simple search.

There is some tacky 1" felt/stripping with adhesive that is lining a piece of hard plastic between the sunroof and the interior of my truck. This felt/stripping has bunched up and is coming off. I don't think this is weatherproofing, maybe it is, but is this something I can easily replace myself? What should I order to replace it? Or should I not worry?

Some photos are below to show the felt and the general areas. The first picture is a close-up, the second picture provides perspective on where I am talking about.

thanks in advance for any help.

Ib5lZeP.jpg

dWAXrec.jpg

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
Under 3/36, take it in.
Appearance issue more than anything else.

OP
OP
M

modavis99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Ok thank you. I have an appointment next Monday. Hopefully the sunroof is still waterproof! (I think it is).

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Ok thank you. I have an appointment next Monday. Hopefully the sunroof is still waterproof! (I think it is).

Hi modavis99,

Please keep us updated on your dealer visit. If you are in need of any additional assistance as you work with your dealer, we'd be more than happy to help. Our team is just a PM away.

Mark
RamCares