Few stupid questions...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gonecampingnow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the straight back window without the sliding middle piece. I want to change it to the sliding one. How does the defrost work on these trucks? Is it a blower like the front windshield?
The rear defrost should be the exterior mirrors. I have a sliding center window & there are NO defrost wires. Rear is exterior mirrors & front is windshield

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

gonecampingnow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The rear defrost should be the exterior mirrors. I have a sliding center window & there are NO defrost wires. Rear is exterior mirrors & front is windshield

I may have to correct myself. I just fired up my '16 Big Horn. I felt along the top of my rear window & felt some heat coming from the hard plastic trim across the top. So it may have heat strips along top of window at the edge of the headliner. I'll let it cool & then verify

Ramit355

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram Laramie Sport 4WD
Engine
The Rear defrost (with out the wires) directs air from front defrost to rear window to clear it . The wires is only for clearing ice and was optional item on the trucks as well as the sliding back power window.There is standard plastic air ducts for rear window defrost with out wires.

OP
OP
Ramitiner

Ramitiner

U.S. ARMY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The Rear defrost (with out the wires) directs air from front defrost to rear window to clear it . The wires is only for clearing ice and was optional item on the trucks as well as the sliding back power window.There is standard plastic air ducts for rear window defrost with out wires.
That's what I thought!

Tdjma

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah, didn't phrase that well. They are towards the top of the seat. Behind the head rest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's the safety strap loop for kids seats

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
ANYTHING ON THOSE STRAPS BEHIND THE REAR SEATS?

Could be one of two things depending on what ones you're talking about:
  1. Child safety seat tabs/hooks on the back cab wall.
  2. Another set of hooks which were made to support a second (mid-level) storage shelf which I saw in some book or manual that was (maybe still is) available for those trucks, to take advantage of the space behind the seat.

OP
OP
Ramitiner

Ramitiner

U.S. ARMY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I want to take advantage of the space behind the seat

ctdodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I want to take advantage of the space behind the seat

There's a mod some have done to allow the rear seat back to fold down. One method is to raise the entire back seat slightly and the other is to cut a tab that locks the up right. See this video

OP
OP
Ramitiner

Ramitiner

U.S. ARMY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
There's a mod some have done to allow the rear seat back to fold down. One method is to raise the entire back seat slightly and the other is to cut a tab that locks the up right. See this video
Just saw the video on this... Seems you gotta cut the tab AND raise the seat at a 45

ctdodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just saw the video on this... Seems you gotta cut the tab AND raise the seat at a 45

Yes, when you cut the tab, with the seat in the down position, it still hooks over the bar behind the seat. As you raise the seat (like you were trying to get to under seat storage), the seat back raises up slightly, reaching it's high point at about 45 degrees. At that point, you should be able to release the hook from the bar and flip the seatback down.

I haven't done this myself - yet, but I plan to so I can store my snow brush and whatever. I really don't understand why they didn't design it this way from the start. All they had to do was make the seatback hook a little shorter

OP
OP
Ramitiner

Ramitiner

U.S. ARMY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
exactly, me too... its there, why not use it?

Offthehook

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Outdoorsman
Engine
Hemi 5.7

You do not have to cut the tab and raise the bottom seat. You do one or the other to accomplish the rear seat fold down mod. Check out the DIY forum. Plenty of write ups on how to do either.

IRSmart

I drink and I know things
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
You do not have to cut the tab and raise the bottom seat. You do one or the other to accomplish the rear seat fold down mod. Check out the DIY forum. Plenty of write ups on how to do either.
Some have done both so that you don’t have to raise the seat as much. Do the very search you suggest.

ctdodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Correct, the mod is one or the other, but once it's done, in order to fold the seatback down, you need to lift the seat bottom up first.

OP
OP
Ramitiner

Ramitiner

U.S. ARMY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Correct, the mod is one or the other, but once it's done, in order to fold the seatback down, you need to lift the seat bottom up first.
This

Jstmahoney

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 1500 5.7 Crew Cab 4x4
Engine
5.7 hemi
Ok, I’ve got another one. And I know it’s gonna be stupid. When I bought my ram I had to have the upgraded LED lights. My truck has the set with the silver/chrome around the edges. There’s others I’ve seen that are just red like the rest of the light. What’s the difference?
c835021b2c42ec40b371aa2acefb3765.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Ramitiner

Ramitiner

U.S. ARMY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
...no idea

firebuff17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You have the limited LED tail lights. The all red ones (with no chrome edging) are the sport edition. I believe the red is the exact same in the 2 versions but not having the chrome ring edging makes the red look darker in the sport ones.