Finally getting started

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SnoRider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
This is what I decided to go with for audio

Here's what's going in:
HU: Alpine IDA-X305S
Speakers: Polk 6.5 components in front, Polk 4.25 2ways in rear, Polk 3.5 2ways in the dash
Sub: Kicker CVT12 under rear seat (passenger side)
Amps: Directed Audio 600W mono, for now a Sony 500W 4ch (free, courtesy of my cousin) mounted on a custom rack under rear seat (driver side)

Ordered the front and rear door speakers this weekend. Truck is in getting the front windows tinted right now (will post pictures of that later).

Once I have everything and do the install, I will post pictures.

OlDirtyJohn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 Quad Cab 2500 *Sold*
Engine
Hemi 5.7
nice choice of head unit, i love those things. where did you find it in stock? they have been on backorder forever now.

OP
OP
SnoRider

SnoRider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
When I install everything, i'll let you know how it sounds. I love JL audio, thats what I had in my last vehicle, gonna try the kicker out, if i don't like it then ill replace it with a JL 12'.

OP
OP
SnoRider

SnoRider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
quick update. I have pretty much everything for my audio. Sonic Electronix finally had the Alpine IDA-X305S in stock, ordered comes in tomorrow. Amp rack will be built friday. Saturday I will be doing the install so I will post some pics when it's done.

Last edited:

zack

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2004.5 packing the smarty
Engine
5.9 cummins ho
We will be waiting on pics lol

sullivan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
quick update. I have pretty much everything for my audio. Sonic Electronix finally had the Alpine IDA-X305S in stock, ordered comes in tomorrow. Amp rack will be built friday. Saturday I will be doing the install so I will post some pics when it's done.
Sweet, im looking forward to the install. Take some pics of installing the component system for meh. :)

OP
OP
SnoRider

SnoRider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sullivan - I will be taking pics throughout the install (interior torn apart, installing each set of speakers, the headunit, pretty much all of it).

The front, rear and dash are all Polk Db series. the rear doors are 5.25 Db521 2ways.