Finally Got it!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RobertusvT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Really dig the ram box. Wish I got a truck with some!

lazer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi5.7
Very nice truck, I have started to look but still love my older truck. I have a 13 black sport, 59k, and lowered it to sit level. When I bought it, used, I was looking for the ramboxes and had to drive a good distance to get it. They are nice a storage place to have and look great. The ram beds without them kind of look unfinished to me now. Enjoy your sharp looking truck!

Jim113

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Longhorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I like the tailgate a lot. I seems very solid. It makes it easier to reach into the bed further. No complaints yet. I’m glad I got it with the MFT.

What I didn’t realize is the hardware that allows the cargo divider to become a bed extender doesn’t come in the bed utility group anymore. Some legal issue. I purchased the pieces on MoparAmerica for just under $80 with shipping. Took me 10 mins to install. Now I can use it as a bed extender when the tailgates down.

Chris

Hey Chris ...Congrats on the new truck ... I just picked up my new 2020 Longhorn 4 weeks ago and I too have the new style tailgate ... I have had a slight issue with getting it closed ... I'm in Canada so the colder weather and snow may be a factor but I've had to play with it a few times to make sure it's closed properly ... The open door monitor on the dash shows it's open when you think the gate is actually closed ... I found that making sure both doors are closed and you can drop the gate as a whole usually confirms it is closed properly, and the dash monitor turns off ... Just an FYI should you have the same problem ... Enjoy

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I like the tailgate a lot. I seems very solid. It makes it easier to reach into the bed further. No complaints yet. I’m glad I got it with the MFT.

What I didn’t realize is the hardware that allows the cargo divider to become a bed extender doesn’t come in the bed utility group anymore. Some legal issue. I purchased the pieces on MoparAmerica for just under $80 with shipping. Took me 10 mins to install. Now I can use it as a bed extender when the tailgates down.

Chris
Great looking truck, Chris! I noticed that hardware was missing on mine before I bought the truck. My truck also did not have the divider included so I had to purchase that. The salesman and parts guy both told me those parts would come with the divider. I was skeptical, as I hadn't seen them on any 5th gen I'd looked at, but I agreed to wait and see. Sure enough, when divider arrived it didn't include the mounting hardware for the bed extender. Parts guy couldn't find them in his system for a 2020 or 2019. So I asked him to look those up for a 2018 and he was able to order them. They installed just fine on my 2020 and I can use my divider as a bed extender. It was one of the reasons I wanted the rambox option, and would have been very disappointed if I couldn't use it in that way.

Nuke71

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thank you all for the welcomes and well wishes.

Cincy what tires are you running? I love the look of your truck. Do you have it lifted or leveled?

Cincy, I have the same questions as Chris! That ride height looks amazing!

OP
OP
Chris Karczmit

Chris Karczmit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Hey Jim,

Congratulations on your on your Longhorn. Best of luck with it! I had the same thing happen to me with the MTF. I found that closing both sides with your hand on top of the door and keeping it there as you shut makes the issue go away.

Closing them like you would your drivers door, ie just swinging it shut, they seemed to bounce back a few times at the top. Maybe that why they didn’t close all the way?

Chris

CincyZach

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Cincy what tires are you running? I love the look of your truck. Do you have it lifted or leveled?

The tires are Nitto Ridge Grappler, 35x12.5 R20. (FYI probably going with Falken tires next), rims are fuel vapor 20x9. The truck is lifted... Fabtech 6” performance lift kit.

fyi... I didn’t get a notification that you were asking a question. You have to either tag me in it or respond on my post or whoever’s post for them to get a notification

CincyZach

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Cincy, I have the same questions as Chris! That ride height looks amazing!

thank you! Fabtech 6” performance lift kit. Fuel vapor 20x9, Nitto ridge grapplers (probably switching to Falken next)

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
^^^. May I ask why the switch tires wise as I also have Nitto ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CincyZach

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
^^^. May I ask why the switch tires wise as I also have Nitto ?

I absolutely loved the Ridge Grapplers when I first got them. It was somewhere around 10,000 miles I noticed the wet weather traction getting bad. Now with around 17,000 on the tires they have continued to get worse. I have to have it in 4 wheel auto whenever the roads are wet or I’m just spinning... they weren’t like this when I first got them. Nothing has changed on the truck except more miles. I can even hear a difference now too as they have become louder... not horribly loud just louder. The wet weather traction is horrible. I was around 40 psi and have dropped to around 34 psi, which has helped a little but still bad. To me it’s like the rubber compound has gradually got harder as they wear. Personally I will never buy again. Seems like most like them, I hope you have better luck with them than I have.

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Trust me I have NO problem swapping to another set of 35” tires asap if need be. Two things I don’t play with are tires and brakes....