Finally received my sub box

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

autokraftgt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
Hoping for a quick reply. I'm installing the speaker. Should I go 2 ohms 800 watts or 4ohm 500watts. I'm not blasting it. My thought is that 2ohms would be easier on the amp. Advice needed.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

If everything is good to go, I'd wire it for 2 ohms @ 800 watts....

shaftman_05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
2 ohms always seem to be louder and hit harder for me. I know when powered the same it shouldn't make a difference but mine have

OP
OP
R

ramdude916

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Depends on the amp but most run just fine at 2 and 4 ohms without any worry of killing early in its life. It's always nice to have some overhead what is the coil configuration on the sub? is it a dual 2ohm coil or dual 4ohm coil this will make a difference in what you can wire down too.

It's dual 4 ohm. I wired it at 4 but I have to turn the knob on the bass boost to get any power on it.I didn't expect that. I think I'm going to break down and pay for a professional tuning. I haven't played with the settings yet. It was set by best buy and I don't think they know what they're doing. They told me that they set the gains based on the voltage of the hu. They didn't ask me for any info on the speakers so they couldn't have set it correctly. To be honest I don't think that I know enough to do it properly. It might be worth the money. I have off tomorrow so I'm going to stuff it with some polyfill and jump it to 2ohms.

OP
OP
R

ramdude916

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sounds like I need to go 2. On the positive side, it does sound a lot fuller. Slowly but surely it's getting there.

OP
OP
R

ramdude916

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes wire it to 2 cause right now your amp is seeing an 8ohm load.

Your right! I looked at the diagram incorrectly, a 4ohm dvc can only be wired 2 or 8 ohm. I was looking at at the 2ohm dvc. Thanks for mentioning this.

Booms

The OG
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Express
Engine
Whipple 5.7 • SmoothBoost!
Ohms Law....Resistance X Resistance divided by Resistance + Resistance...

Makes it easy to figure out just about any wiring setup.... :superhack:

OP
OP
R

ramdude916

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Yep, checked out. I have 20 min to get back to work. If only in had more time. I think I might get a little more power :)

OP
OP
R

ramdude916

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Got it wired properly. All I have to say is omg. Way more bass than I need. I think I have to decrease it for my liking. At $130 for the sub, $120 for the box, $130 for the amp, it's well worth it. All of a sudden the sound just came to life. The highs and lows are now blending. Thanks for all the input on my budget build. Sound deadening and an hour of labor for tuning and ill be finally done!

Last edited:

Cummins H.O.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Hey Ramdude,

Looking @ doing something similar. I noticed the look of your Fox Box is a little different than the single 10" driver side box they show on their site.

Is yours sealed? or ported? The box they advertise is ported, and looks a tad different than yours. DODGE QUAD & CREW CAB 1-10" VENTED DRIVER SIDE

Also curious how much space is left between the bottom of the seat and the top of the sub after install? Would someone be able to sit on the seat without damaging the sub?

What sub did you end up choosing?

Thanks man

OP
OP
R

ramdude916

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey Ramdude,

Looking @ doing something similar. I noticed the look of your Fox Box is a little different than the single 10" driver side box they show on their site.

Is yours sealed? or ported? The box they advertise is ported, and looks a tad different than yours. DODGE QUAD & CREW CAB 1-10" VENTED DRIVER SIDE

Also curious how much space is left between the bottom of the seat and the top of the sub after install? Would someone be able to sit on the seat without damaging the sub?

What sub did you end up choosing?

Thanks man

That's the one that I ordered and it's a bit different in that mine can only be used with a round sub. It looks grey in the pic but it's really a deep glossy black. I went with the Alpine type r because of the great reviews. A lot of posts on other sites stated that the sub matched well with the size of the box and is well recommended. The fact is that it's actually at the minimum volume for a ported box at .9. The site recommends the Alpine, JL or Kicker. The JL was too expensive for my budget and the kicker was twice the price of the Alpine. The Alpine also handles more power at 4ohm dvd. At $130 it's a beautiful speaker for the price and it sounds great. With the box it's a looser than I'd like but I have to say I'm pretty impressed and very happy with my choice. It truly sounds like I have twice the speaker in my cab.

OP
OP
R

ramdude916

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That's the one that I ordered and it's a bit different in that mine can only be used with a round sub. It looks grey in the pic but it's really a deep glossy black. I went with the Alpine type r because of the great reviews. A lot of posts on other sites stated that the sub matched well with the size of the box and is well recommended. The fact is that it's actually at the minimum volume for a ported box at .9. The site recommends the Alpine, JL or Kicker. The JL was too expensive for my budget and the kicker was twice the price of the Alpine. The Alpine also handles more power at 4ohm dvd. At $130 it's a beautiful speaker for the price and it sounds great. With the box it's a looser than I'd like but I have to say I'm pretty impressed and very happy with my choice. It truly sounds like I have twice the speaker in my cab.

The box requires you to use the seat spacers, they're about 5/8". I didn't like the idea at first but it was really easy to install and actually adds more vertical storage space. I also like the new height of the seat. The speakers do touch the bottom of the seat but no biggie because the bottom is hollow and it's only touching cloth. Tonight I did add a speaker grill which protects the speaker and actually looks pretty good ill post a pic tomorrow.

HLram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 and 2007
Engine
Hemi 5.7 in both
I have their 12" passenger side ported box. Probably the one he said covers up the cup holders. Mine has to have seat spacers also. I have a 12" JL sub and there is plenty of room between the seat and sub and no damage has occurred with my 18 and 21 yr old boys sitting back there. So I think that will be ok for you. And btw it sounds awesome!

Cummins H.O.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Thanks for the info guys. Appreciate it.

doz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

What the ****? First that is not Ohms Law. 2nd, how does that formula make it easy to figure out wiring? The only thing that formula will do is give you the impedance wired in parallel.

On a side note, I hope my Foxbox ships soon. Everything was in stock Wednesday when I ordered and no shipment yet :( Sub just arrived!

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

ramdude916

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What the ****? First that is not Ohms Law. 2nd, how does that formula make it easy to figure out wiring? The only thing that formula will do is give you the impedance wired in parallel.

On a side note, I hope my Foxbox ships soon. Everything was in stock Wednesday when I ordered and no shipment yet :( Sub just arrived!

In stock doesn't mean anything, that's what I found. It depends on which box you're buying, dual is more popular. 3 in stock but 20 people a head if you. They made mine more thank a week after ordering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

doz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Wow really? In stock means in ******* stock ugh.

ALL DODGE RAM SUB BOXES ARE NOW IN STOCK !

Straight from their main page :( When you advertise that, it should mean just that.

autokraftgt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1

Straight from their main page :( When you advertise that, it should mean just that.

It should mean in stock, I agree....mine took a month

OP
OP
R

ramdude916

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

If you read up on order experience, everyone will complain about the same thing. Once you get it, you'll find it was well worth it. It's not custom but the price is right, the quality is great and you'll be happy with your purchase.

doz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yeah, Im sure Ill be happy. I just figured In-Stock meant ready to ship. Not we have to spray it and pack it.... Oh well.

Got all my goodies today. Amp, sub, LC2i so Im dying to have the box. Next weekend my son has a baseball tourney so there is not much time :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tigger54