Finally stepped up my game...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TX_SHOCKER

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 2500
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I had bought the truck (2010 ram 2500 6.7 ) used and it had already had a turbo back 5" exhaust on it. There were Bullydog decals on the sides of the truck but no tuner in it. I bought a used tuner, payed to get it unlocked and installed it. I was happy with it for the most part... until... Yesterday on the way home from out of town I got a message "Exhaust filter 80%", then shortly after it went to 90%. Then it hit 100% (i was headed for the closest Dodge dealer by this point) Now I know i dont even have a dpf filter but it went into limp mode. :flipthebird: Long story short the dealer couldnt do anything for me( so he said ) becuase I had nothing for him to regen etc... Well after getting it home and still being in Limp I decided to bite the bullet and got myelf a mini maxx ! Pricy as F but now that its in, well worth it. I cant complain about the bully dog for the most part but it deff is a tuner for more stock vehicle.
So far its well worth the money. I unpluged the egr but still need to get the kit to do the true delete.
First impressions are, that I should have just done this sooner :) havent messed around with any of the maps yet, just loaded the mild w/out turbo tune (im stock and I dont want to lift the gasket )
Anyways just had to share about the upgrade :peace:

jlb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
Since you already had the thing "deleted" all you had to do was buy a mini maxx? What did that run, a bit over $800?

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
Since the EPA cracked down on the deletes and tuners, you are lucky to find a Mini Maxx for less than $1500.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram R/T
Engine
You got *****.

Csanders1992

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Since the EPA cracked down on the deletes and tuners, you are lucky to find a Mini Maxx for less than $1500.

And get them before their gone haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
T

TX_SHOCKER

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 2500
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Well I looked online and no place I could find for cheaper than 1800 and most places were out or on "back order" . And since my truck is my transportation to work, I had to get it out of limp mode. It was local, so no waiting Gotta do what I gotta do.

jlb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
What was wrong with the whole "race/offroad use only" marketing gimmick...?

I don't know how the EPA could hold them accountable for that. It would be like going after BP, or Shell for manufacturing Red Dye Diesel fuel.

OP
OP
T

TX_SHOCKER

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 2500
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I thought that would have been enough, but there's probably more to it. I'm new to the diesel owners world so i haven't been following along all these years.

brasso

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 ram 1500 4x4
Engine
5.7 hemi
I thought that would have been enough, but there's probably more to it. I'm new to the diesel owners world so i haven't been following along all these years.

Just out of curiosity.. This isn't Tx shockwave on mmt is it?

OP
OP
T

TX_SHOCKER

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 2500
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I don't know what mmt is so I'm going to say not me lol. I've never used the name tx shockwave, sorry

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
They're not going anywhere. They just don't come from the states anymore.
Where will they be coming from now? Idk what the fines in the US are, but up here in Canada you're looking at over $1000 in fines for tampering with diesel emissions equipment! And $1000 is if you get a good officer! Then you're required to put the system back on. It's ********! They also do random spot checks! We were going to delete our 2013 F-250 but it's just not worth the risk up here! I've got buddies who have done it and the fuel economy gains have been unreal! I'd really like to see how the DPF is "better" considering how much more fuel you burn with them on.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram R/T
Engine
Ironically...they're all coming out of Canada. MFG's moved up there to get away from the EPA.

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
Strange lol well I know Saskatchewan and maybe Alberta don't have the restrictions that the rest of the country does. Maybe that's where it's being done