First gen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lewi

Reaction score
Ram Year
1990 and 2007
Engine
5.9 and 6.7
Have a 1990 2500 with a bench seat. Seat rides very rough. What seat can be swapped out without much trouble?

u2slow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6BTA
Have a 1990 2500 with a bench seat. Seat rides very rough. What seat can be swapped out without much trouble?
I put in buckets and console from a ramcharger. More comfy for sure, better for my back.... but rough ride is more to do with your leaf springs and tire pressure.

PaPitt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L
How much trouble were those Ram Charger seat & Console to put in.. I have a set of those for my D250 .. But they Don't fit.. OK Let me say my stock seat has it's locations to mount .. But the Ram Charger has DIFFERENT MOUNTINGS on the floor board.. SO It appears to me that I may need to cut the entire floor board out of the ram charger & reinstall it into the D250 tr. In order to set my Bucket seats into the Ram Charger. Did you have this kind of trouble installing yours. Or did you just simple make some new brackets to mount yours on.. Or Since my truck is older than yours. My Ram Charger & my D250 just don't have the same floors in them & I need to build my own mounts.

u2slow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6BTA
@PaPitt I drilled the extra holes in the floor and bolted the RC bases down. Two of the bench seat holes were re-used.

My w250 is a '93 clubcab, and the RC was a '90.

PaPitt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L
Ok I'll say My Pick-up is a D250 1989 , & MY RAM Charger Is a 1987...
SO Do you think .. My Buckets will fit with just drilling more holes.. & Possibly adding maybe a spacer of some sort to level out my seats. I Believe I'll have to drag them out of storage & See if I can install them.
.. u2 slow .. I would like to have your thoughts On installing my seats... Thanks.

u2slow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6BTA
I haven't studied the std cab floor extensively. What I do know is the club cab section is elevated; not dipped down like the driver's footwell, or like the rear footwells are on a crewcab.

Like i said, the buckets and bases came right out of the '90 RC and two of the holes in the clubcab lined up. Transfer marked and drilled the other holes. There is a floor stiffener thats absent on a bench seat truck. I'm only 175# and it hasn't been a problem. Going on 7years with the buckets now.

PaPitt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L
THANKS FOR YOUR ANSWERS ... YOURS & CHAR are the answer I Look for mostly. Thanks .
My 1988 wont start so I'm planning on dragging it up & swapping attempting to swap my seats Next week..
...U2slow do you know if I can buy a factory seat cover for my bucket factory 87 seat ..My driver side is rather messed up.
I was thinking of swapping seat cushion from side to side. Because I'll hardly ever have a passenger riding along .. So when I do they can ride on a stump....
THANKS

u2slow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6BTA
Sorry, no idea on replacement seat covers. Maybe find a local upholstery shop.

PaPitt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L
Our local shops have gotten together & Now charge 1000.00 to cover & FIx up a bench seat....
I'd rather have just a feed sack over it. Than spend a 500.00 .
......Any thoughts on what it's now costing across the Nation... My wife says I'm just old fashion ..