First things you did or will do when it arrives (5th gen RAM)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iLLeStEyECoN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Geez. Price jumped up a lot.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

The pedal CEL horror stories are making me struggle with this purchase. I can’t take that risk but would love more responsiveness. Chrysler pedal responses, especially when the vehicle is cold, are ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fitz-0518

Veteran 66-68
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500. 2018 1500
Engine
6.4 3.6
Replace gas filler door.
Floor mats
Bed mat
Mud flaps
Bed top
Tow receiver cover
Dash cover
Seat covers

rrjjpp74

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I waited 7 weeks for my B5 Scat Pack in 2015. I bought my 1500 3 weeks after the trucks first hit lots. I’ll take it.
My b5 scat also took that long. Order end of jam got it in March

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I’ve known of several Pedal Commander installs and not One has been less the stellar. Not saying you didn’t have any problems, but they stand behind their products. :)

768mph

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Replace gas filler door.
Floor mats
Bed mat
Mud flaps
Bed top
Tow receiver cover
Dash cover
Seat covers

Replace gas filler door?

I’d like a locking gas filler door. One thing I don’t like. There is no gas cap, so a locking one is out of the question.

Sent from my iPhone 7+

Fitz-0518

Veteran 66-68
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500. 2018 1500
Engine
6.4 3.6
Replace gas filler door?

I’d like a locking gas filler door. One thing I don’t like. There is no gas cap, so a locking one is out of the question.

Sent from my iPhone 7+
I hate the factory door on white trucks. For my eye, they look like they came off a yard tractor. So I replace with a Bully or AMI

iLLeStEyECoN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Replace gas filler door?

Sent from my iPhone 7+

This is something my Charger had. My fiancé’s Compass and my 1500 have the “push to unlock” doors. They’re ridiculous. With the petty, ridiculous nature of society, I’d expect them to have more security.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Might I suggest inspect the truck very carefully as the first thing you do before you sign the paperwork. Some have found poor paint jobs, I'll fitting doors and panels, crooked bumpers and a few other things.

768mph

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Might I suggest inspect the truck very carefully as the first thing you do before you sign the paperwork. Some have found poor paint jobs, I'll fitting doors and panels, crooked bumpers and a few other things.

And from what I read is checking the roof antenna and rear window leaks. Visit to the car wash and inspection is in order from the beginning.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
It's usually the third breaklight that that leaks, not the window.

768mph

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It's usually the third breaklight that that leaks, not the window.

Well a aware although several members have had their 2019 windows and antennas, not brake light, leaking.

Sent from my iPhone 7+

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Mine was my roof mounted antenna and the rear upper part of my power slide window.

SlikNik

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I don’t get a vote, but I recommend wash, clay bar and either ceramic coating or paint sealant (provided there are no paint imperfections). There is so much industrial fallout that even new vehicles are susceptible. Unless you drive it off the assembly line, you have corrective action to take if you want best results.

Dealers will swirl mark the **** out of it.
Clay bar, paint correction polish, going to C quarts ceramic coat ASAP. Cant wait to order a Limited but waiting awhile longer to hear feedback from the Etorgue system

Gooner138

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Took the side steps off until some nerf bars are available. Looking for a drop in bedliner (anyone had luck finding one for 19s yet?). Looking for recommendations for a 2019 Tonneau cover as well. Tint the front windows. Wax it. Drive the **** out of it!

iLLeStEyECoN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Took the side steps off until some nerf bars are available. Looking for a drop in bedliner (anyone had luck finding one for 19s yet?). Looking for recommendations for a 2019 Tonneau cover as well. Tint the front windows. Wax it. Drive the **** out of it!

My Tyger tonneau has been great. I think most of us have opted for the MOPAR bed liner, which is roll on/spray on.

ScottFL

U.S. Navy Gulf War Vet
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 RAM 1500 Laramie Longhorn 4X4
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Geez. Price jumped up a lot.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I think the price jump is due to further enhancement. It is now equipped with Bluetooth. I wish mine had it as I have a hidden install and cannot play with it on the fly.

Lettikka

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Anyone have their sunroof tinted? I was thinking about putting a light tint on it that has good UV deflection when I get the truck.

SilverBullet85

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Anyone have their sunroof tinted? I was thinking about putting a light tint on it that has good UV deflection when I get the truck.
I haven't but just got my front windows done and the visor strip. When I was there the lady had a demo set up for ceramic tint. Heat bulb over standard tint and ceramic and the heat transfer was pretty dramatic. She said the ceramic tint costs her 35% more but it's looking like something that is going to take hold. I passed on it b/c my situation doesn't need it so I'll save a few bucks but it was worth it if you really need the heat protection.

Lettikka

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I haven't but just got my front windows done and the visor strip. When I was there the lady had a demo set up for ceramic tint. Heat bulb over standard tint and ceramic and the heat transfer was pretty dramatic. She said the ceramic tint costs her 35% more but it's looking like something that is going to take hold. I passed on it b/c my situation doesn't need it so I'll save a few bucks but it was worth it if you really need the heat protection.

Very cool (haha) I'll look into that. My shop here had a similar set up wth the heat bulbs but the different tint was presented as a good, better, best senerio. I'll look into the ceramic. Mine is going to be black on black and I am in NC so the heat transfer quality is going to be a big deal for me. Thanks for the tip.